Breastfeeding
Options

Ugh! Breast pads STINK!!

I love the washable breast pads, as they're more comfortable on my nipples than the disposable ones, but when they get wet they stink! Any tips to help make the pads last longer without the foul smell of old milk? Half of the time, when I leak, I don't even notice until the next feeding so they've been sitting there, wet, for a while. Maybe I'll just be stuck washing them a good number of times a week?

TIA!

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Ugh! Breast pads STINK!!

• Options
    one of my bras smelled like this.....HOT water washing helped.
  • Options
    How long do you wear them? I only wear them for 1 day. They are really super cheap, maybe you can just buy more?
    Abigail Noelle, 8.29.09
    Brady Phoenix, 8.29.09
    Claire Zoe, 10.26.10

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imageSweets2005:
    How long do you wear them? I only wear them for 1 day. They are really super cheap, maybe you can just buy more?

I wear them about that, too. I bought more yesterday so I've been able to rotate them more, but it's pretty annoying to get a random whiff of spoiled milk. 

Ick! 

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'd really like to know if you find a good solution for this. I'm using the Johnson's disposable ones, which I think are the most comfortable, but I'm using burp cloths to tuck into my bra during feedings to avoid getting my bra wet. No matter what I wash those burp cloths in, they always stink Ick!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"