Cincinnati Babies

Who is hiring for seasonal help?

This is my DS's last weekend of work at Kings Island.  He needs to find a part time job that works with his college schedule.   I was thinking a holiday job would be perfect for him as he is leaving in February to work at Walt Disney World for 8 months.  It's a college co op deal.  So, he just needs something temporary.  I haven't seen much in the way of seasonal jobs hiring anywhere.  Ideas?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: Who is hiring for seasonal help?

• Not sure where you guys live, but Perfect North Slopes hires starting November of each year. I used to work there in high school & loved it, plus you get to ski for free!
  • Good for your DS! I know two people who did the Disney co-op deal and they loved it. The one guy I knew was my age and it led to a full-time job once he graduated college and he does something down there in management and loves it.

Anyway, back to the job thing, my sister always gets part-time seasonal jobs at Christmas and even when there weren't help-wanted signs, many stores were taking applications. I know there were unadvertised openings at Hallmark and ***'s Sporting Goods. She ended up at Subway of all places because apparently they get more catering requests during the holiday season. Also, many places have gift-wrapping (like malls) and they are always taking applications, it seems. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I know TRU in Eastgate had a sign up on the building.

I think BB&B usually hires seasonal help, as does Target and Kohl's... and all of those are much closer to your house.

I know a lot of people who have done the Disney college program and loved it.  It is a great opportunity for him, and a bonus opportunity for you, your dh, and Brenna to visit him!  Some of them wound up staying down there to work and others just used it as a resume builder.  Either way it's a great experience! 

• imageteacherjess:

Good for your DS! I know two people who did the Disney co-op deal and they loved it. The one guy I knew was my age and it led to a full-time job once he graduated college and he does something down there in management and loves it.

Anyway, back to the job thing, my sister always gets part-time seasonal jobs at Christmas and even when there weren't help-wanted signs, many stores were taking applications. I know there were unadvertised openings at Hallmark and ***'s Sporting Goods. She ended up at Subway of all places because apparently they get more catering requests during the holiday season. Also, many places have gift-wrapping (like malls) and they are always taking applications, it seems. 

Okay, Nest, I get it. Anyway, I meant D!ck's Sporting Goods, but you probably knew that. Haha. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • no suggestions on jobs, but he is going to love the Disney program. one of my friends did it and she is still working down there three years later
  • I would also say anything retail in the mall, I always worked in retail in high school and we always hired a ton more people during the holidays..esp when I worked at Hallmark and Things Remembered b/c there are so many more shoppers this time of year-- if he goes to the info desk at most malls they can give him a list of the stores that are hiring within the mall
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • When I worked at Kings Island in high school, I worked retail (The Gap) and restaurants (hostessing at Macaroni Grill, working at the cafe at Barnes and Noble) during the winter. Once I was in college, I started working at Starbucks on school breaks.

Where did he work at Kings Island? DH and I met working rides there. :)

Photo by Melissa Nicole Photography

imageimage
  • imagecops_wife:

When I worked at Kings Island in high school, I worked retail (The Gap) and restaurants (hostessing at Macaroni Grill, working at the cafe at Barnes and Noble) during the winter. Once I was in college, I started working at Starbucks on school breaks.

Where did he work at Kings Island? DH and I met working rides there. :)

He works at Firehawk.  They promoted him this summer to a supervisor.  He is a little bit worried about not being there next summer because he loves it so much, and is moving up a bit.  He has never had another job, so I think he is stressed about finding something else until he leaves for Disney.  That is great that KI is where you met your DH.  I guess I should not laugh at all the girls he is hitting on at work then?  It's a different girlfriend every month.  I never take him seriously.  Until now.  You never know....

• Aw, it brings back memories. We were both supervisors too, me in Hanna Barbera Land, him at Son of Beast (both now things of the past). Although I'm not sure I want Ellie working there ever knowing how the social scene was myself! ;) We actually met the summer before my freshman year in college, so you never know! A few people I worked there with did the Disney World college program. We even went to visit one of them. How long does his college program last?

It might be good for him to try something else. KI was my first job too and I loved it, but am glad I quit working there when I did (my sophomore year of college). That place sucks you in and DH and I both know people our age who still work there who did not go in intending to make it a career. Sometimes it's good to get away. :)

Photo by Melissa Nicole Photography

imageimage
  • Does he know what area he will be working in at Disney?  My parents both work for the mouse. 
  • Cops_wife: My brother and his wife met working at Kings Island too!  

Hav2run: Old Navy at Fields Ertel is hiring seasonal help and Panera on Tylersville is hiring.  I definitely second the recommendation of finding some retail work during the holiday season. 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • What about the Beach waterpark?  They do that holiday thing. 
  • I think the zoo hires for their holiday events.
  • Working at Disney will be such a great experience!  We took my daughter for part of our honeymoon when we got married and I was so impressed with the way everything runs.  I would love to see what goes on behind the scenes!  Anyway...Fields Ertle Kohls is hiring seasonal help.  I think the Lebanon Kohls might be hiring too. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imagetinytot_924:
    Does he know what area he will be working in at Disney?  My parents both work for the mouse. 

All they have told him is that he will be working in rides/attractions. He won't even know which apartment complex he is staying in until he gets there.  Crazy!  I am glad to see all the positive comments about the Disney program.  It makes me feel a little better about him going away for so long.

• TRU!  He'd get an employee discount that would help out with Christmas shopping for Miss Brenna!  :)  My cousin worked there last year.  They always need a lot of holiday help and they really do let everyone go right after the holidays, so he wouldn't need to feel bad about leaving in February.

Ava Caroline 8.27.07 I Charlotte Grace 5.18.09 I Lila Katherine 1.20.11

• TRU is a good idea!  My little brother (he's 21 so he's not so little) worked at BRU for a few months when he was 17 or 18.  He was doing fine until he had to explain breast pumps to an expectant first time mom.  I think he put in his notice that day :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Oh Gah!   I am so going to push for the TRU job.  I would LOVE to have the discount in there this year.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"