Breastfeeding

Nipple ?

Can nipples that are too big be a problem while breastfeeding. This is totally embarassing but I dont get to talk to a lactate nurse until I have the baby (super small town, just the way they do it I guess) and im really worried my nipples will cause a problem. I have always had pretty big nipples but the more my boobs grew the more they did too. I need to know if I should start buying extra pumping and storage things for once LO comes.

TIA ladies I know its a stupid question.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Nipple ?

• imageTcarrol12:

Can nipples that are too big be a problem while breastfeeding. This is totally embarassing but I dont get to talk to a lactate nurse until I have the baby (super small town, just the way they do it I guess) and im really worried my nipples will cause a problem. I have always had pretty big nipples but the more my boobs grew the more they did too. I need to know if I should start buying extra pumping and storage things for once LO comes.

TIA ladies I know its a stupid question.

There are no stupid questions!  

My nipples aren't large, but my breasts are - and my lactation consultant tried to tell me that it wasn't a problem, but my LO can't latch because they are so huge...So, my point is, that it will be hard to know until your little one is here.  

As far as buying breastfeeding "supplies" - there are different sizes for women with smaller/larger nipples.  You won't need different things for storage regardless of nipple size.  If you are pumping, you might want to buy a bigger breastshields (the funnel like part of the pump) and there are size indicators available to help you determine the size you need.  My LC measured mine - so when you meet with one, she can do that for you.  

Good luck - HTH! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have super large nipples & large breasts too. My LO did have a little trouble with getting a hold of them to latch. However, now he does a great job! I just had to hold my breast 'like a sandwich' is how my LC explained it.  And he's a super breastfeeder now, so my suggestion is to just have your LC number on hand. It may be a little challenging but you can do it!
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks ladies I feel a ton better now.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"