Success after IF

BC after delivery

I've asked this before but there weren't a lot of people on then.   I have PCOS and don't ovulate on my own.  I was charting before doing IF treatments and I did 3 rounds of injectibles before going back to clomid and getting my BFP. 

My question is about birth control once I deliver this baby. We do want a second baby, and I'd like that to be before I'm 36 (3 years from now).  I know that its possible to go back to "regular" after having a baby but its also possible that I won't ovulate on my own too.  My doctor has already asked me about birth control. I honestly don't know what to do. 

DH says do nothing, and just see what happens, but I know I need to give my body some time to heal also.  On the other hand, I'd be ok with 2 close together......even though its a stretch thinking I'd O on my own.

Suggestions?

Oh, I will also be breastfeeding for the first few months.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
PCOS, Ectopic & M/C of twins October 2010, Currently TTC #2

Re: BC after delivery

• Umm... just to give you the "whole picture"... I also was anovulatory before Clomid entered my life and I had DD. I weaned DD at 3 months, had 2 periods and BAM! got pregnant on my own.

We did not use any birth control at all after having DD. I know the mini-pill is an option, but like I said, I never used it. I will be getting an IUD this time until we decide if we are officially done or not.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • We used nothing after DS. I was unable to BF due to a reduction and PCOS. We "waited to see what would happen for 6 months" and headed back to the RE. I was WAY more regular after delivery, but still nothing on our own in 6 cycles. After this baby, we have no immediate plans to work on #3 right away (maybe in a couple years) but we will not be using BC I do not think.
  • Loading the player...
  • I too have PCOS and we are just doing a "wait and see" approach.  I'm EBFing and have yet to have a PP AF, though.  I was anovulatory too.  I guess we'll just see what happens.  We will probably start treatments when DS is around 18 months or so if nothing has happened by then. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I pretty much am in the same boat as you...anovulatory PCOS...got pregnant after 3 years, countless TI cycles, 5 rounds of clomid, 1 round of Femara with IUI...

Anyway, I will not go back on hormonal BC...DH and I do want more babies, but I want to give my body time to heal after having Caroline.  We will be using condoms and praying for the best...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"