Preemies

Memories....

I'm 6 weeks pregnant and had my first appointment yesterday. I didn't even think about how the clinic is across the street from the hospital until I made the turn. Just seeing that hospital made me emotional. My daughter will be 10 months old in a few days and we spent 30 days in their NICU. I never thought that just the sight of the place would put me over the edge. And as I parked the car, got on the elevator, and walked into the same clinic I had far to many memories of that place. Hoping and praying that this pregnancy is different and trying with all my might not to compare the two. Hoping it gets easier.....

Re: Memories....

• i'm sorry.  the first time i went back to a hospital that was associated with the hospital DS was at, they gave me an armband with teh same sticker on it that was on DS's chart in the NICU. i started crying right then and there. i'm sure they thought i was nuts because i was there for an u/s of my gallbladder!

the first time i got my period, i almost hyperventilated because bleeding incidents were what led to DS's delivery (i had a previa). i actually had to talk myself out of calling the dr. i can only imagine how that conversation would have gone!

it will get easier. i promise. (((hugs)))

• ((hugs)) I'm sorry! It 's weird how it just hits you sometimes. Here is to a healthy and "boring" full term pregnancy!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"