TTC After a Loss

I think I grossed out some kids...

So DH and I were trying to get in the spirit of trick or treating a few days ago, so we carved pumpkins.  I am HORRIBLE at this, so it was kind of a big deal.  Kids started showing up to my door several hours ago to TOT, and a few had odd looks on their faces.  I just realized (as it is almost time for kids to be finished) that our pumpkins are TOTALLY MOLDY!  Ew.  I am embarrassed. 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: I think I grossed out some kids...

• My pumpkin was moldy and I noticed it the other while raking leaves.  I had to throw mine out early. Boo!
  • Adds to the decor, right? :)

If you cover your pumpkin in vaseline, it'll last a lot longer... I don't know if you can light them after they're coated though... 

Oh, Baby Bean! We will always miss you! With us for 6w3d -- June 9, 2008.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    2 years of TTC, Seeing RE Feb 09, 2 medicated TI cycles - BFNs, 3 medicated IUIs - BFNs, back to medicated TI cycles until IVF approval, IVF approved in March 2010. BFP on last medicated TI cycle.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imageislelily:

Adds to the decor, right? :)

If you cover your pumpkin in vaseline, it'll last a lot longer... I don't know if you can light them after they're coated though... 

Now that is an interesting trick!

• imageislelily:

Adds to the decor, right? :)

Wow!  I have never heard of a trick for that - thanks!   

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Me too. We carved them last weekend and one was all moldy and puss-like (ick!)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    4 losses (cp Feb 28 09, mc April 9 09 (5w5d), mc Aug 10 09 (7w1d), d&c Apr 12 10 (grew to 6w3d, mc confirmed at 8w5d). RX: Overies PCOS (hormones normal) & Balanced Translocation of Ch. 7 & 13 (40-50% mc risk)

Cooking Blog
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"