Breastfeeding
Options

XP: WWYD...need advice re: newborn

Also posted on 12-24months...My poor baby is so uncomfortable ALL THE TIME. He's got some major reflux issues for which he is on Zantac and we've seen some improvement since starting that. But, he's still incredibly gassy and seems just painful when he's awake and also when he's sleeping. I've eliminated dairy from my diet, but I think that the problem might be that I have an incredibly forceful let down reflex and also a slight oversupply issue. So he's always gulping and gasping with each feeding and initial let down. My question to you all is...if you were me, would you continue to breastfeed and work on the issues above even though the baby will still be painful, or would you trial formula feeding to see if that makes him more comfortable?

Tonight was a particularly hard night...I just can't stand seeing my baby so painful. I start to worry that because of what he's going through right now he's going to be worse off later in life...unhappy or depressed or something. But maybe I'm just being silly...it's been a long day.

Re: XP: WWYD...need advice re: newborn

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"