Babies: 0 - 3 Months

induction question

For all those moms who had a planned induction, how long before the induction are you still allowed to eat?  My doctor didn't mention anything about eating/not eating before hand.  I am scheduled to be admitted at 9 pm on Sunday evening and induced with pitocin.  Thanks in advance!

Re: induction question

• eat on your way to the hospital!  I'm glad I did because inductions take forever and 27 hours without eating left me with no energy and I was exhausted.  They won't let you eat once you get the pitocin.  If they have to ripen your cervix before pitocin in will take longer and they will wait at least four hours to check if your cervix is ready before they give you pitocin.  I arrived at hospital 9pm on Sunday...had baby 2am on Tuesday.  Seriously, eat before you go.  The nurse gave me a sandwich after delivery and I swear I've never been so happy to eat hospital food in my life :)
  • My induction was at 4 AM- My Dr told me not to eat past midnight the night before.  That being said, the nurse laughed and told me not to worry about eating.  She said I was allowed to eat something in the morning before coming in, but to make sure it wasn't too heavy.  She said to stick to light stuff just in case I was to get sick during delivery.  Good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • I was scheduled to be induced at 7pm and the MW recommended I eat a carb-heavy dinner before I came in.  I ended up going that morning instead and was served all my meals that day while on cytotec.  The next day they did pit and served me breakfast before.  By noon I definitely wasn't up to eating anything though!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I didn't need the gel since I was already dilated to 3, just the pitocin.. so it might be different. But I was sent to the hospital cafeteria to eat a large breakfast before they started the pitocin. Then they told me I couldn't eat once the pit drip started.
    CP 3/07
    BFP 5/07 - Kylie born 2/08.       BPF 2/09 - Alexandra born 10/09.
    TTC since 8/13 - diagnosed difficulty conceiving due to LP defect. Took vitamin B and Vitex Berry to help lengthen.
    BFP 2/14 - Missed M/C found at 8.5 weeks. D&C at 9w2d. Partial Molar Pregnancy.
    BFP 11/14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"