Parenting
Options

Are some just more prone to illness?

I have not had the flu since elementary school. I have NEVER gotten the flu vaccine. I work in a school where the H1N1 is going crazy. Several of my students are out because of it, but for some reason we have remained un-touched. The boys have an appt. for the vaccine next week and I am trying to reduce their exposure as much as I can, but have no idea how we have managed to dodge it. What are your thoughts? 

Re: Are some just more prone to illness?

• Options
    My friend's 3 yr old granddaughter is always coming down with something all year long.  I never seen a child get sick as much as this child does.
    Josh-10/1/87, Brittany 3/9/91, Mandi 7/26/92, Michelle 9/11/06 image I'M GRAPE JELLY- ALWAYS AROUND & ALWAYS THE SAME If I leave here tomorrow, would you still remember me. For I must be traveling on now. Because there are too many places I've got to see. -Allen Collins & Ronnie VanZant My favorite verse!
  • Options
    I think so. My son who will be 4, ever since last year, every cold turns into sinus/ear problem! It's crazy. My niece is the same and then some of my friends kids are never sick. I think everyone gets a trun at some point. I just hope my son is getting it all over with now and that it won't continue with him.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Before the autoimmune disease was diagnosed my DD got sick all the time.  Now she rarely gets sick.  I think a big part of that is because she HAS to wash her hands constantly. 

• Options
    ds is healthy as a horse. dd is sick every other week.
    Christmas 2009 image
  • Options

I think so.

Ethan was getting ear infections pretty much every time he was sick from 2 to 3 y.o. (started daycare at almost 2 y.o.).

J has only had one ear infection, but he's been on the nebulizer for over a year every now and then (he's 18 months old).... with constant cough and wheezing and now pneumonia ....   

• Options
    I wash/sanitize my hands like CRAZY. I also Lysol anything and everything I think the kids have had contact with. I just want them to stay well until Wednesday when we are going to the clinic for the vaccine.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"