1st Trimester
Options

If you've had spotting, need reassurance :/

I know this is posted a lot, but it would still help if I could have a little reassurance from anyone who's had experience with spotting.  I've only spotted a tiny bit for the last couple of days, and it's been brown.  I know this is 'normal' and I shouldn't worry, but I can't help it.  Thoughts?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pumpkins Pictures, Images and Photos

Re: If you've had spotting, need reassurance :/

• Options

Brown blood is old blood. If it was really light then I would not worry.

If you were gushing and cramping then I would call the doctor.

• Options
    i havent with this pg, but with ds I did after an internal u/s. Also sex can cause that as well. If its brown blood its old blood and could just be as your uterus grows some leftover blood--yuck--is getting pushed out. try to be calm. and if it gets red, call your doc. Im sure you are fine. oh and dont google! ;)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Brown blood is nothing.

If it makes you feel better, I bled like crazy (bright red) and everything is fine :D

• Options
    I had it with #1, and look, she is a beautiful 2 year old.  Call your OB if its red and you have cramps.  Good luck!
    Love: 8/2000 | Marriage: 7/2005 | Baby makes three: 3/28/2007 | And one more makes...SIX?
    Steal my kids picture or pretend they are yours, I will find where you live and ship all of their dirty diapers to your doorstep. Promise. image
  • Options

If you are spotting red then yes your OB would be concerned. Since it's brown and light I'd say you are fine.

If it would make you feel better you could call the OB! 

• Options
    agree with pp.  if red and cramping, call your doc.  i've spotted a few times and after the second time, i stopped calling my doc.  gl!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Spotting is very common. My doctor said as long as you aren't gushing blood and hunched over in extreme pain, you don't need to worry about it.  
  • Options
    Thank you all for your reassurance!  It always helps to hear these things from someone who's been there.  I really appreciate it!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pumpkins Pictures, Images and Photos
  • Options
    I had my first appt at 7 weeks and spotted (brown) for almost 2 weeks afterwards.  I did go in and have another exam and everything is fine.  There's alot going on in there and the old blood is just coming down or if you've recently had an exam you could just be irritated from that.  Don't worry it will be ok.
  • Options
    had the same thing at about the same time-scared the crap out of me.  I had no idea how perfectly normal it was!  I had it on and off for about a week complete with some pretty wicked cramps.  As the other posters have said brown is old blood, as long as its not gushing or bright red just relax!  Another thing that helped me was remembering the stories of friends who swore they got their period through their whole pregnancy and of course there are those geniuses on "I didn't know I was pregnant" to think about!  Drink water, take it easy and think positive thoughts!  I definitely gave my baby pep talks about hanging in there and here we are 6 weeks later!
    Baby #3 is on the way!

BabyFruit Ticker

Also Mama to Max 5/21/10 and Lucy 6/18/12
  • Options
    I have had some brown spotting as well (at 5 wks) and I called my doctor and she wants me to come into her office on Monday to get examined. It is probably okay, but she wanted to be sure. I also have had some cramping and soreness. I would call your doctor just in case. It will make you feel a lot better. I was a little nervous to call, thinking that I might be overly worried, but my doctor was really nice about it. 
  • Options
    Like everyone else said, it can be normal.  I've been spotting daily since before I got my bfp, very little and usually when I wipe, but still daily.  On Tuesday I had an ultrasound and saw a little peanut with a strong heartbeat.  Doc said everything is fine, and possibly for me I could have a sensitive cervix and just spot easily.  Again, could be normal and nothing to worry about!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"