TTC After a Loss

Ok. I have a really REALLY stupid question:

I'm fairly sure I have a yeast infection (due to the 7 days of antibiotics to kill a different infection) but I've never had one before.

Is this serious? I have a dr appointment on Monday but I was wondering if I need to be seen sooner?

Sorry to do two posts about this, but I'm stupid.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Labor Buddy to Blowfish11

Re: Ok. I have a really REALLY stupid question:

• A YI isn't serious... uncomfortable, but not serious.  If you can hold out until Monday, that should be fine.  Your doc will likely give you a prescription for diflucan, which is just one quick pill which should take care of it in a day.

A word to the wise... don't fool around with DH (as if that sounds good right now)... you can give it to him

Sorry you're feeling yucky!

• If you think it's a YI, you need to get you some Monistat. It will just get worse. I sure as shootin' wouldn't wait till Monday! You can always tell the pharmacist your symptoms and ask if Monistat would help. Also, get some real yogurt (like not fruity Dannon crap - some real plain yogurt, add some fruit and honey or sugar or Splenda to sweeten - and chow down)
  • Loading the player...
  • imageLeah&Cole:

A word to the wise... don't fool around with DH (as if that sounds good right now)... you can give it to him

:::hushed:::TMI:  that's how I found out there was a problem! But it was only a second before I realized something wrong and he--ahem--escaped. I'll ask the doctor to be on the safe side.

• The OTC stuff works great.  I think I used the 3 day stuff before.  You should be okee-dokee!
  • imageColindaP:
    If you think it's a YI, you need to get you some Monistat. It will just get worse. I sure as shootin' wouldn't wait till Monday! You can always tell the pharmacist your symptoms and ask if Monistat would help. Also, get some real yogurt (like not fruity Dannon crap - some real plain yogurt, add some fruit and honey or sugar or Splenda to sweeten - and chow down)

Im definitely going to get yogurt tomorrow, I'm hesitant to self treat just b/c while I think it's a YI, I'm just not sure. I don't have any symptoms except for some weird looking CM.

• FWIW, the OTC stuff does work, but I've always heard that you should get checked out by your doctor if this is your first one -- just to make sure you are properly identifying it as YI
  • imageLeah&Cole:

A YI isn't serious... uncomfortable, but not serious.  If you can hold out until Monday, that should be fine.  Your doc will likely give you a prescription for diflucan, which is just one quick pill which should take care of it in a day.

Not a stupid question- def don't fool around with DH at all- not only can you give it to him but it will make you soooo much more uncomf. It spreads it. You can take something over the counter if you are very uncomf. I haven't had one in years but I used to use monistat and some other cream b/c the itch was CRAZY!!! Feel better!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Sorry for the TMI, but while it's not serious, I personally get very swollen down there if I go a couple days w/out treating it. Very uncomfortable.
  • Thank you everyone. you have no idea how much I appreciate being able to ask such an icky question.
  • I think Monistat has a YI testing kit.  It'll tell you if it's a YI or something more serious like bacterial vaginosis. 

Personally, I'd go get a YI testing kit, use it, and if it's a YI, just treat with over the counter stuff, then mention it to the doc Monday.  My first YI was so bad and went on so long, the doc said it should've been a textbook photo for badness.

So, you know, I'm pretty proactive. 

• imagegrr_aargh:

I think Monistat has a YI testing kit.  It'll tell you if it's a YI or something more serious like bacterial vaginosis. 

Personally, I'd go get a YI testing kit, use it, and if it's a YI, just treat with over the counter stuff, then mention it to the doc Monday.  My first YI was so bad and went on so long, the doc said it should've been a textbook photo for badness.

So, you know, I'm pretty proactive. 

Monistat? I need to google that. I know vagisil has a kit, but it's not technically a yeast infection test, it just tells you the PH. I took it and the PH is normal, so that's good.

And poor you, why did it go on for so long??

• i recommend getting some Monistat too. They have packs that include a tube of cream for the external itchiness which helps a lot. And drink some 100% cranberry juice.
    Started TTC - 01/2009 1st BFP - 09/04/09,1st u/s - 10/06/09- no heartbeat seen, D&E - 10/13/09 BFP #2 - 2/12/10, m/c 2/17/10 BFP #3 - 01/03/11 m/c 01/10/11 BFP #4 - 02/21/11 DS born 10/13/2011 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageShellShockedMama:
    Monistat? I need to google that. I know vagisil has a kit, but it's not technically a yeast infection test, it just tells you the PH. I took it and the PH is normal, so that's good.

And poor you, why did it go on for so long??

Oh, sorry, maybe it was vagisil.  I just remember seeing ads for the kits. 

Ah, why did it go on for so long.  You know, I was young, had just lost my virginity, and was on antibiotics for a serious kidney infection.  I just figured I was all messed up down there and it'd go away.  It didn't.  And then it was so bad, who wants to go to Mom and say "Oh, Mom, by the way, I'm no longer a virgin *and* I've got itching and a rash."

Horrifying.  Absolutely horrifying.  

• imagegrr_aargh:
     Ah, why did it go on for so long.  You know, I was young, had just lost my virginity, and was on antibiotics for a serious kidney infection.  I just figured I was all messed up down there and it'd go away.  It didn't.  And then it was so bad, who wants to go to Mom and say "Oh, Mom, by the way, I'm no longer a virgin *and* I've got itching and a rash."

I think I'd rather die, 1,000 times over.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"