Eco-Friendly Family

CD Help!

The new pockets I got suck monkey balls.  I got Tiny Tush.  DS leaks through them in just over an hour.  I need something else.  I hated pre-folds but I don't wanna shell out big bucks right now.  I paid about $11 a diaper for these.  I'll be able to return most of them.  I'm just looking for another diaper to replace them.

Re: CD Help!

• I am really happy with our BG3.0 and our Happy Hineys.
  • I was going to suggest BumGenius seconds for $10-$12....but it looks like those all sold out last night. I'm sure you could find used ones in this price range though.

Also, I would highly suggest Coolababies from Ebay. They are exactly like HautePockets only I paid $7-$10 each fr the ones I had for DS. They do come from China though, but I must admit, they work great for the price and the inserts that come with them are my favorites.

• Loading the player...
  • How well do they hold the wet?  Does your LO pee a lot and how often do they need to be changed?
  • imageNancy_Louise:
    How well do they hold the wet?  Does your LO pee a lot and how often do they need to be changed?

My DS was a super heavy wetter, so trust me, we needed something that would hold up! BGs worked great for us, as did Hautepockets and Coolababies. My DD is a heavy wetter, but at 5 months, she's NO WHERE EAR as heavy a wetter as my DS was at almost 2 yrs old. I'd say I changed DS about ever 3-4 hours. The pockets (Coolababies and Hautepockets) could both be double stuffed though if you do still get leaks. ou can also alternate tham with different inserts like hemp for more absorbancy.

• Are you looking for pockets, fitteds & covers or AIOs or AI2s?
  •   I'm looking for inexpensive.  We've got a crapton of medical bills right now.   H wants to try these diapers a couple more days.  He's convinced hemp doublers or double stuffing will help.  He's probably right.  My son is a super heavy wetter.

• imageNancy_Louise:

I'm looking for inexpensive.  We've got a crapton of medical bills right now.   H wants to try these diapers a couple more days.  He's convinced hemp doublers or double stuffing will help.  He's probably right.  My son is a super heavy wetter.

I would try adding in some hemp doublers to see if you can get these to work.  AFFF is stocking tomorrow and hers are by far the best bang for the buck.

If that doesn't work I'd try some BG seconds.  

And if that doesn't work I'd try fitteds.  Pockets didn't work for us at all so we went to fitteds and covers...mostly wool.  LOVE THEM.

• You could try adding a couple of the microfiber washcloths from the auto-department at Walmart. They cost about 5 bucks  for 8 of them (I think) and if you decide they aren't good for your CD's, they are really good as paper towel replacements in the kitchen.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"