Eco-Friendly Family

Trick or Treating and Age

How old was your oldest trick or treater?

Can anyone beat grandparents? ?no? ??

47 months &
11 months

Re: Trick or Treating and Age

• Dude- you had old people that actually had bags and costumes?

Our oldest so far were 12-13 or so.  

• We didn't give out candy this year--unsavory neighborhood...moving soon!

But when I was in college (and living in an even more unsavory neighborhood), we had a trick or treater in high school, without a costume, and PREGNANT. 

Trick?

• Loading the player...
  • imageandrealynn0707:

Dude- you had old people that actually had bags and costumes?

Our oldest so far were 12-13 or so. ?

FULL costumes and for THEMSELVES?

47 months &
    11 months
  • Definitely cannot beat grandparents.  DH stayed home to hand out candy while I took S out.  He said our oldest was 15 (we know her, so know her age) but she was collecting for her little sister who is sick.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageSoyager:

We didn't give out candy this year--unsavory neighborhood...moving soon!

But when I was in college (and living in an even more unsavory neighborhood), we had a trick or treater in high school, without a costume, and PREGNANT.?

Trick?

ha simple - CRAVINGS ?:o)?

47 months &
    11 months
  • imageDobie_Mama:
    Definitely cannot beat grandparents.? DH stayed home to hand out candy while I took S out.? He said our oldest was 15 (we know her, so know her age) but she was collecting for her little sister who is sick.

aww that's sweet.?

47 months &
    11 months
  • WOW! That is strange! I had some parents carrying infants come up with bags to get candy. But definite no one old enough to be a grandparent!
    BFP#1 May 17, 2008
    Surgery for ectopic pregnancy June 3, 2008
    BFP #2 September 25, 2008
    Baby boy born June 4, 2009 at 40 weeks
    8 pounds 13 ounces and 23 inches
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP #3 February 6, 2011
    First U/S February 25, 2011 = TWINS!!!
    Boy/girl twins born October 4, 2011
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagelkstor:
    WOW! That is strange! I had some parents carrying infants come up with bags to get candy. But definite no one old enough to be a grandparent!

lol yea we did that last year (and this year) he still wanted to be carried

I am cool with that?

47 months &
    11 months
  • imageluvlieK:
    imageSoyager:

We didn't give out candy this year--unsavory neighborhood...moving soon!

But when I was in college (and living in an even more unsavory neighborhood), we had a trick or treater in high school, without a costume, and PREGNANT. 

Trick?

ha simple - CRAVINGS  :o

LOL! 

And I can't believe that grandparents went out ToTing. Kind of fountain-of-youth-ish, but a little soon-to-be-on-the-sex-offenders-list, too.

• I think our oldest was right around 12 or 13.  However we had one girl that if I hadn't known she was 11 I would have for sure thought she was MUCH older.  She is super tall...5' 10"!  She is a doll though and her costume rocked.  She was a gypsy.

We did have a few adults come by too but that's because out neighbors host a bon fire and I brought the hot apple cider w. brandy. :)  

• Haha! My dad actually found his old Teenage Mutant Ninja turtles costume from when we were kids and a bunch of dads (4) decided to go as that. So he wore that over for Trick or Treating and for the first hour I went with both kiddos and my mom and dad. My dad took a bag up and said trick or treat and if anone asked, he said it was for Brooke. Haha! Everyone thought it was funny though. My dad makes fun of the fact that I make baby food too, so he even commented to a few people that I was going to mix Snicker puree in with the butternut squash. HAHA!

My dad is like a little kid though. As soon as we got back in the door, him and Luke dumped all their candy out and started counting it together. Cute since Luke loves his papa, but totally brought me back to my childhood since we always had to divide up our piece for a dad pile. Haha!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"