Northern California Babies
Options

How long did it take you to get back to pre-preg weight/size?

I am 10 away from pre-pregnancy (17 away from pre-Jennifer but thats never gonna happen again all I did was workout!)

Once I am cleared to workout again I am going to try the 30 day shred and running. Once the sick season passes I will join a gym here. I know I will lose the weight but I have a feeling I wont fit in my clothes again. Am I right?

So the 2 questions are how long till you were back to pre-pregnancy weight? And once you were did you wear the same clothes you used to wear?

Oh and PS I love babywearing because its super easy to hide those 10lbs!! ehhee

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
br
Lilypie Second Birthday tickersbr>
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: How long did it take you to get back to pre-preg weight/size?

• Options
    I'm guessing 13-22 years.
  • Options
    Kidding of course.  At my 6 week appt, I lost all of the weight gained plus 6 pounds.  I chalk that up to nerves and breastfeeding though.  I gained back 8 before this pregnancy though.  Honestly, I want to lose way more weight after number two because I was not at a healthy weight either time.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I can't really remember - 5, 6 mos. maybe? I was able to wear my pre-PG pants again, but not the button down tops until after I weaned at a year.
    imageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

Still not at pre-pg weight : (

Back in a lot of my clothes but they fit very differently.

• Options

Can't answer your questions obviously...but I just wanted to say that when I saw you the other day you looked AMAZING.  I remember thinking to myself "Holy Moly...Libby looks amazing and I hope I am able to look that fantastic after having MM!"

I should have said it out loud.

Happy Takes Work A family blog.
    Money Matters The other half's blog.
    EJ is growing up too fast!
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    At my 6 weeks appt. I had lost all my weight that I had gained from my pregnancy.  That was at the end of August.  Within a week or so I had dropped below the weight that I was pre-IVF drugs.  I have maintained that weight now and am happy with it.  I didn't work out and still haven't (if I did I'm sure I would have lost more weight) however, I did have to go out and buy new clothes, only because in one of pregnancy rages I got rid of all of my pre-pregnancy clothes thinking that I would never fit in them again.  Stupid me should have kept them, as I would have saved some money!
  • Options

2.4 years but I'm shaped differently now than before my pregnancy. So some clothes refit me and some didn't, depending on how they fell on my body. I just got rid of what didn't fit and replaced it with more flattering clothes.

Have you checked out the Nordstroms Rack at the Oakridge mall that must opened up? I got some killer deals there. 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagetiki_t:

2.4 years but I'm shaped differently now than before my pregnancy. So some clothes refit me and some didn't, depending on how they fell on my body. I just got rid of what didn't fit and replaced it with more flattering clothes.

Have you checked out the Nordstroms Rack at the Oakridge mall that must opened up? I got some killer deals there. 

I am not shopping untill I know I have settled into my weight..ANd I freaking hate shopping

br
  • Options
    imagePKW:

Can't answer your questions obviously...but I just wanted to say that when I saw you the other day you looked AMAZING.  I remember thinking to myself "Holy Moly...Libby looks amazing and I hope I am able to look that fantastic after having MM!"

I should have said it out loud.

Thanks K.

br
  • Options
    imagesoon2Bkranz:

I am not shopping untill I know I have settled into my weight..ANd I freaking hate shopping

I'm with you on that one. That's why I waited 2 years. :)

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options

Not there yet. But I agree.. the moby & beco were my saviors for hiding the chub.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I squeezed back into a pair of jeans at about 2 weeks pp. I could get them on and buttoned, but I had the most magnificent muffin top to go with it.

I know when I returned to work 3.5 months pp that I was in my pre-pregnancy clothes and within a couple pounds of my pp weight. Around 10 months pp I noticed some lbs had crept back on, so I actually dieted and lost enough weight to put me back at almost pre-IF weight. I've stayed there ever since.

My body, aside from being a little squishier, really didn't change. I have a co-worker who tells EVERYONE how much your body changes after pregnancy, how you'll never wear your pre-PG clothes ever, ever again, how your hips just get wider, etc. Then she talks about how her body has totally changed, it's a different shape - but I'd bet money that's because she's 20 pounds heavier (by her admission), not just because she had a baby once upon a time. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I think it took ~ 11 months to be back to my p-pg weight. I think. But my clothes still don't fit right yet. I don't think they ever will. I've just now (as of today!) allowed myself to go shopping. Things just hang different than they used to :(
  • Options
    I honestly can't remember! :(
    Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Options
    Since I pride myself in BFing (to the point of having cubby babies) I could never excersise or diet without baby stopping the healthy weight gain....so to answer your question...9 months w/Z (cause I got food poisioning) and 12 months w/G. I still could loose 5 lbs but I fit in all my pre-PG clothes.
    Mama to Z - 5.5 years, G - 3.5 years, & M - 1.5 years.
  • Options

I have not tried to lose weight since C was born.  I've been BFing like mad and hoped that would help.  At 4 weeks pp I had only lost about 15 of the 40+ lbs I gained while pg.  It sucked and I was sad (especially since he was 8 lbs and I figued that just giving birth should have shed more than 15 lbs!).

When I went back to work at 4 months pp, I could wear some pants from heavier days and bought a few new pairs of jeans.

At about 6 or 7 months pp I developed a raging case of postpartum thyroiditis (that is really Hashimoto's), that was really hyperthyroid.  I couldn't sleep, had heart palpitations, anxiety, lost a ton of hair, you name it.  It sucked.  But in a few weeks I lost 10 lbs.  And then kept losing.  By March I was smaller than I was pre-pg.  My body was still different (and I still had nursing boobs) but I was smaller in most areas and fit in my smaller set of clothes.

I wouldn't wish the awful feeling of hyperthyroid, but it made me lose weight without having to diet or excercise.

• Options
    I'm 4 pounds away. My pants button but don't look good yet.  My hips seem to be wider.  Lots of my tops are too tight due to my breasts being larger now from BFing.
  • Options

It took me about a year to lose all the baby weight.  The first 22lb came off in the first 6 weeks (water and baby!) and the last 22lb took concerted effort.  I was on WW from my 6 week clearance to the moment I found out I was pg this time around.  I was fitting in my pre-pg jeans at about 9 months pp, but like I said, the scale reach pre-pg numbers at K's 1st birthday.  

I definitely did not wear the same clothes because my tastes had changed, as well as the styles.  I gave away most of my pre-pg clothes anyway, so I bought a few items as I went along.  There's nothing worse than feeling icky in my clothes.  Regardless of my size, I like to have just a few items that make me feel good when I wear them. 

• Options
    I lost all of my weight that I gained by 1 month.  I'm now just really mushy in the middle, it's really weird.  I never had a totally flat, ripped stomach, but it's really soft.  I can fit into all pre-pg clothes but they do fit differently especially in the hips and stomach. 
  • Options

imageluckyladyinjune:
    I lost all of my weight that I gained by 1 month.  I'm now just really mushy in the middle, it's really weird.  I never had a totally flat, ripped stomach, but it's really soft.  I can fit into all pre-pg clothes but they do fit differently especially in the hips and stomach. 

Ditto 

• Options

Well, apparently I have a freakish body and lost all the weight I gained with N in a week...but I was NOT at all close to fitting in my pre-pg clothes.  I then proceeded to yo-yo for the last year up and down about 10 lbs from my pre-pg weight...so unfourtunatly I started this pg heavier than I was with N...boo!

I actually never got back into all of my pre-pg clothes, although I was the same size the just didn't fit the same.

• Options

With Emmy I was back to pre pg weight and lbs before I went back to work at 13 weeks.

With Ethan I was back to clothes around 2 months but to this day I have 3-5 lbs to be back to pre-pg weight.

Unfortunately my weight is in the belly area :( but I can wear my pants since I wear them low on my hips. 

• Options

I'm about 10 lbs away, still. :) I can button my pre-maternity pants, but the resulting muffin top (actually, like a bakers dozen of muffins) is kind of crazy to me. I'm working out, but not dieting, due to BF.

• Options
    I was back to PP weight at 6 weeks, but I cannot fit into most of my PP clothes, well the more fitted pants and jeans.
  • Options

imagemrscerruti2be:

This.

I'm 20 away from pre prego weight. I've lost 27, but nothing in the last month (when I actually worked out!). This is at almost 4.5 months. My hips are SO much wider than before, my pre preg pants don't fit. Not cool, not cool.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagemrscerruti2be:

This.

I'm 20 away from pre prego weight. I've lost 27, but nothing in the last month (when I actually worked out!). This is at almost 4.5 months.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

So the 2 questions are how long till you were back to pre-pregnancy weight? And once you were did you wear the same clothes you used to wear?

well they say it takes 9 months to put it on and 9 months to take it off .. ask me mid july how i've done on that one.

i tend to buy classic pieces so i doubt when i can get back into my pre-pg stuff .. i can get into most of it but there are a few things i CANNOT get into w/out the help of my bella bands .. that i'll have to buy all new clothes since what i had will be out of date.

Love - a wildly misunderstood although highly desirable malfunction of the heart which weakens the brain, causes the eyes to sparkle, cheeks to glow, blood pressure to rise and the lips to pucker - Author Unknown

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    imageZeener:

imagemrscerruti2be:

This.

I'm 20 away from pre prego weight. I've lost 27, but nothing in the last month (when I actually worked out!). This is at almost 4.5 months. My hips are SO much wider than before, my pre preg pants don't fit. Not cool, not cool.

This is what I'm worried about!  Granted it's only been 2.5 weeks, but I tried on my fat jeans and I can't even button them up.  Not even close.  Nevermind all my other jeans and pants.      I have one pair of post maternity jeans that a friend lent me that I've been living in (that and yoga pants!).   

I have about 15 lbs to go before I'm back at pre pregnancy weight, but I'm really scared I'll never get back into my pre-pregnancy size!

• Options
    I'm two sizes bigger than I was but I'm still only 7-8 weeks out. I have definitely been losing but I don't have a scale so I am not sure how far away I am. It will for sure take at least another couple of months if I can get back. If not, whole new wardrobe here I come. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"