Austin Babies
Options

~*~Taytee~*~

Thank you for the info about the flu test.  It was driving me nuts and your explanation is much better than the frustrating lack of information from my regular pedi and the other pedi I saw yesterday.  Thank you!

I have another random question for you :)  I am wearing a heart monitor for 30 days and the leads are causing quite a bit of irritation and my skin is breaking out.  I'm moving them as often as it recommends, but the adhesive is leaving a residue.  So my question: is there a good way to get the sticky stuff off that won't further irritate where I'm breaking out?  I tried alcohol- that was not pleasant.  Is there a fancy nurse trick you can pass along?

Re: ~*~Taytee~*~

• Options

Those stickies are evil! Use something emoilent instead, like baby oil and give it time to break down the adhesive. Try to use it under the edges of each part as you slowly remove it instead of ripping/taking the whole thing off at once and then removing the remaining glue. You'll have to use it sparingly because if it gets on parts of your skin where you want to place a new one, it won't adhere as well. They also sell some OTC Bandage remover stuff that's oil based that I've heard of patients using.

Of course some people are simply allergic to the adhesive. If bandaids tend to leave marks on your skin, the stickies will too.

I hope all goes well with your Monitoring and they find the information they're looking for. I remember my Mom wearing one when I was younger and saying that her cardiologist was going to yell at us when he saw how often we upset her heart =P

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"