TTC After a Loss
Options

Is it harmful to use progesterone cream w/o doc's orders?

I know I'm counting my chickens before they've hatched, so to speak, but I don't want to miss another cycle.  I know this is my issue as my LP is getting shorter (9 days this month, the shortest its ever been). 

If not, I'll see her on CD 12 and hopefully she can recommend it asap if my b/w comes back questionable.

Re: Is it harmful to use progesterone cream w/o doc's orders?

• Options
    Well you need a doctor's prescription to get it and then you have to know when to start it.
  • Options

I don't think it's harmful, I got progesterone cream from the herbal store. A bunch of ladies said that extra progresterone could only help (as told to them by their doctor) but your doctor may say different--who knows.

But you should only take it after ovulation (from what i've read) b/c it can stop you from ovulating if you take it too early.

I'm using it and my temps are a lot higher than they were last month, by like--a lot.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Labor Buddy to Blowfish11
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

You def have to take it far enough after O. I got pregnant 3 times the second mo of trying then when I was put on progesterone I was told to do it at 3 dpo. Well 6 mo later I was not pregnant! My OB said to take it 5 dpo the next mo and I got pregnant. What was happening is after I got the + OPK the typical person would actually release the egg within 48 hours (text book) but I didn't release it for another day and I was starting the progesterone and hindering myself from truely ovulating. So, in a nutshell I made myself not release an egg by taking it too early for 6 mo. Even though there is no harm in taking it, you should really be monitored by an OB IMO and they should know what you are doing.

• Options

Thank you for this feedback.  I'll wait...again!  I'm so anxious to do something, anything really, that will get me that sticky BFP.  In this instance, I know I need medical help.  At least they can monitor things and hopefully will help us in the next few cycles.

Thanks again!

• Options

there is natural progesterone cream that you can buy at the health food store.  do 1-2 pumps a day and rub it into the soft parts of your skin, inside of arms ( between where they draw blood and your wrist), stomach, inner thighs. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"