Eco-Friendly Family
Options

Anyone ever hire house cleaners?

I've been thinking about this for a little while. I just feel quite overwhelmed with keeping the house clean, tidying up after a toddler, getting ready for the baby and being pregnant and tired in general. I have no idea how to even look into it. I think my neighbors across the street have cleaners and I might look into that. How expensive would it run, generally? And do they use your cleaning products or theirs? Any advice or thoughts? I just hate how my house looks lately and its starting to stress me out...

Re: Anyone ever hire house cleaners?

• Options

I did before I started working from home. They used their cleaning products. it was expensive, maybe $110 every 2 weeks, but that depends on how often you have them come (more often=less $$$ per time) and how big your house is and your local market. I think you pay more to use a company than an individual, but I wanted a company for several reasons and it wasn't that much more expensive when I got quotes. I think it was totally worth it. I am cleaning my own house now that I am home and I hate it.

Editing to add that if you wanted them to use your products, I think it's more likely that an individual would do that for you.

• Options

I have someone that comes once every two weeks.  She charges $80 every two weeks or she will come weekly for $70 (a week).  I just asked around to all my friends here if they knew of anyone.  One friend gave me a list of about 5 people and I just called and asked if they had availability and their pricing.

The woman who cleans for us is a military spouse actually but I guess that really has no bearing on anything!!

Oh, she uses our products.  I was sure to ask about that when I called them.  She was more than willing to use them and even started using vinegar and water at her own house because she liked it so much!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh, I also answered a Craiglist add once too.  She charged $15 an hour.  I didn't end up having her back because she was slow and she was a smoker who wreaked of smoke when she came in.  That alone nixed her from my list.
  • Options

We recently hired the person that cleans my parents home to come clean ours every-other-week ($60 each time).  She uses our cleaning products because I do not want chemicals all over the house. She has a house key and our alarm code - I've known her for over 10 years.

We used to use a service, but it was a pain because we had to be at home when they cleaned (a new set of two to three women every time they came) because we were afraid to leave our valuables.  I will say if we went out for lunch or to get money they were honest, nothing ever went missing - we didn't want to give them keys and alarm codes though.

Ask your neighbor if you trust them to have trustworthy people working with them...

We do spot cleaning during the weeks she doesn't come - but, she does the scrubbing/dusting that we hate! 

• Options
    We have an awesome house cleaner ... she comes once a week for $50.  We found her through word of mouth.  She will bring her own cleaning products, if needed, but for our house she uses the ones we have here.  One of the best decisions we ever made!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Mine is here for 4-5 hours, once a week.  She charges $80 per visit, and brings her own supplies.  My home is just under 3k square feet. 

I always make sure the house is tidy for her.  I don't feel as though she should have to find the floor in order to clean it.  That said, if something isn't orderly, she won't leave it a mess.  

One of my favorite things that she does is arrange the kids' beds.  After she washes their sheets, she lines up all their stuffed animals, so that they're "interacting" with each other.  The kids LOVE to come home to see what she's done.  It's adorable.  

=)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"