Washington Babies

h1n1 shots in snohomish..

my mom and DH got them up there today - they went to Monroe.   They got up there around 8:45, and were done around noon.  Long morning.  But they got them.  PHEW.   The clinics all said they were out of shots by around 11, so I'm glad they went early.

Now I'm the only one in our group that needs one.  I'm banking on my OB or my hematologist getting them at some point in the next week or two.  There was just no way I was going to try to deal with hauling both kids up to wait in line for that.  So I'm taking my chances.  :)

Re: h1n1 shots in snohomish..

• Can't you get the mist at Fred Meyer?  I called after you posted about it and got an appointment for Wednesday.  They said that I was in the high risk category because I have a 2 month old at home, so they were willing to give it to me.
  • Every doctor I've talked to said not to get the mist with a baby at home.  My ped, the neonatologist at the NICU and even my mom's GP all said no.  Since it's a live vaccine, you run a small risk of being contagious with it I guess?

• Loading the player...
  • Myself and a pregnant coworker went to the one in Edmonds...got there about 8:30am and waited until nearly 2pm before we got in. They cut off the lines in the back not long after it opened. At least the weather was nice...the clinic staff and volunteers were so friendly and nice...and surprisingly they even has some mercury-free shots for us, even though they weren't advertised.

Glad we made the trip, but it was definitely a long morning and having water and snacks on hand was a must (though they did bring around some treats for people). 

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimageimage
  • btw...donating a bit to the Stevens Hospital now...since I didn't see any donation boxes anywhere in the lines, they didn't charge, and they really were amazing.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimageimage
  • Oh wow, I had no idea it made you contaigious.  I'm taking Gavin to the pedi on Tuesday, so I'll ask about it then.  I wonder why the pharmacist didn't mention it when I made the appointment. 
  • imagecoribecca:
    Oh wow, I had no idea it made you contaigious.  I'm taking Gavin to the pedi on Tuesday, so I'll ask about it then.  I wonder why the pharmacist didn't mention it when I made the appointment. 

It probably is safe, but they're extra cautious maybe?  Or maybe just because Cooper is a preemie?  I don't know.  Definitely ask your ped.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"