Success after IF
Options

How to tell whether it's just a cold vs. RSV, H1N1, etc.?

C has been sneezing fairly frequently during the day when she's awake, and coughing some, too.  When she's asleep, she doesn't, though.  So it's not affecting her sleep.  She's eating normally.  No runny nose.  No real nasal congestion.  

Just a cold?  Worth a call to the pediatrician? 

Edited to add that she doesn't have a fever. 

Re: How to tell whether it's just a cold vs. RSV, H1N1, etc.?

• Options

We usually don't get a cough - or DS doesn't...but he has had a cold for more than a week now with NO fever.  runny nose - it is just sneezing and some coughing.  I'm not sure I would call, but I know my pedi's office charges for after hour/weekend calls.

I have no good answer for you, but think C is fine.  My son had a double ear infection with no fever the past two weeks but it did affect his eating.  

I think you need to call if you get a fever to either get seen or told what to do (tylenol, or whatever).  

• Options

Saw this PSA on second tri the other day:

https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/25145656.aspx

Sneezing is usually just a cold sign - flu doesn't usually cause it. And with no fever - I think you're safe :)

I am a runner, knitter, scientist, DE-IVF veteran, and stage III colon cancer survivor.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think it is safe to say it isn't N1H1 since it comes with a nasty fever. I also don't think it is RSV because that causes lots of wheezing and breathing issues. Sounds like a simple cold to me. Keep her home if you can, the ER and pedi's office is FULL of swine flu. We had to go to the Dr today, Riley has an ear infection, and 1/2 the kids in there were for swine flu. Thankfully a nurse had the swine flu kids on just one side of the room.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"