Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Other children

How am I supposed to get through this im a sahm to a 4 month old, I feel like I cant even take care of myself  or even think straight this seems like a dream. If it wasn?t for him I wouldn?t of got out of bed at all this week. Are families don?t know and we don?t plan on telling them. Anyone else have young children how do you get by tell me it gets easier.

Re: Other children

• My children aren't that young as you can see from my ticker/siggy.  Youngest DD was 2 1/2 at the time of the 1st MC.  It was hard (and sitll is) but you have to do what you have to do for your son.  I would tell family and friends.  You may or may not get the support you need but you'll never know until you tell/ask.

It does get easier because you grief and raging hormones subside after a while.  

dd(Brianna) 11/01/94, ds(Bram)10/17/95, ds(Jesse)9/26/97, dd (Annie Ruth) 7/27/05 5mc Jan '08, May '08, Feb '09, Sept '09, Apr '11 "And can it be that in a world so full and busy, the loss of one weak creature makes a void in any heart, so wide and deep that nothing but the width and depth of vast eternity can fill it up." - Charles Dickens

PAL/PGAL Welcome

• hi love. I know how you feel, I have a 8 month old and a 7 year old, but I wanted them there when I came out of my d&c, because it gave me something to look forward to. I know that if it wasn't for my kids, I don't know if I would have made it through as well as I did. I almost feel guilty for having children, when so many women never have the chance to have even one child. Since my m/c I have been living in the moment with my kids and I am trying not to take anything for granted.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm sorry you are having to go through this process.  My mom ended up coming for about 5 days and it helped tremendously!  I couldn't have done it without her.  She took care of my DD along with everything else in the house so i could rest & take care of myself.  You need a break, ask a friend to take your little one for a while while you nap or do something for yourself.  It's hard enough taking care of one person, let along another one who needs you all the time.  Good luck in your healing process.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers M/C in Oct. 2009 at 8 weeks M/C in Aug. 2010 at 11.5 weeks Diagnosed with MTHFR Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I'm so sorry you're having a tough time.  My daughter is older, so although she is utterly exhausting she also can talk and run over to me, give me a hug, and say I love you mommy.  That keeps me going and from spending too much time thinking about the bad things because when I'm looking at her I'm just in that moment of thankfulness that she's mine.  4 months is such an exhausting age for different reasons and while you don't get that feed back verbally, those moments with him could be spent thinking about the joy he brings in your life so all your time isn't spent feeling devestated.  Really that's the only choice there is to make when you have to be there for someone else.  I learned that when I picked up my daughter from daycare 2 days after my D&E and she said something that made me start bawling.  The look on her face of utter confusion was enough for me to realize I really needed to pull it together for her.
    Brenna Married 4.30.05

Mom to Teagan 4.11.07 and Cora 9.30.11

imageLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

D&E @ 22w 9.30.09 CMV infection BFP 10.15.10 C/P 4w4d

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"