Multiples
Options

NT scan for triplets?

Sorry if this is a stupid question, the nurse at the Peri office told me that they do not do genetic testing on triplets because it is not accurate or something like that.  Do they still do an NT scan?  I just like the idea of getting a good look at the babies again:)
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: NT scan for triplets?

• Options

I had an NT scan done on my twins... I know the blood part of it can throw off results since there are 2 babies- and you get the same blood sample... but either way - the NTS is not a yes/no test - it gives a risk profile, so it's never really that great of info.  We just got it so we'd see them again :) 

change your subject line to say "NT scan with triplets?" so the trip moms will see it and can answer if they got them or not.

• Options
    We did the NT scan and got a great look of the babies and they took measurements there and they still took blood but said the results wouldnt be accurate.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    For our twins they did the ultrasound part and took the measurements, but wouldn't take blood because of the risk in lower accuracy.  You could ask them about that.
  • Options
    I didn't get an NT scan, but i don't know if that was just because of my doctors or what. Hmm.
    How to tell my boys apart

The different types of twins and triplets

Jack, Sydney and Carynne, Annaleigh, JW, Eden...forever in our hearts.
    My blog * We made the national news!
  • Options
    I did get one...I wanna say it was around 12 or 13 weeks.
    photo 203b9128-895f-464c-a378-ff73eaf8c1ce_zps4de57ab1.jpg
    Xander, Hayden & Lily 5 1/2 and Jericho 3 My Blog!
  • Options
    my MFM did the NT neck measurements only.  He said there is no bloodwork because its not accurate and the only way to tell 100% was to do CVS if we wanted that.  We opted out of the CVS. 
  • Options
    Thanks ladies!   I will have to ask at my next appointment what the peri office does! 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    I got the NT scan but not the bloodwork. All the babies looked great, with perfect nuchal fold measurements! But the dr. emphasized that the NT measurements only provide part of the story, and that they don't do the b/w b/c it just wouldn't be accurate.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I may be too late in answering this for you but my Peri said we can do the NT scan but not the bloodwork b/c of accuracy.  Both my OB and Peri are pushing us to have a CVS done...I still don't know what we are doing.  GL
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers Beta #1 9/23= 81 on 10dpo 1st u/s 10/1/09=too early 2nd u/s scheduled for 10/14/09=3 heartbeats...OMG 2 BOYS & a GIRL!!!! Triplets born 33w,4 d due to PRE-E 4 pounds, 5 oz. each Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"