Nurseries and Baby Gear

Stupid bumper question

I know there are pros and cons and it is a personal decision.

In trying to make my decision, I thought "hmm, what if I attached one of the breathable ones to a fluffy one?"  Like cute fluffy side out, rigid breathable side toward baby.  I realize that makes it less breathable, but it also makes it less squishy-into-baby-face-ish, right?  

Thoughts?

Yes, I know this is dumb, but I've got myself wondering....

Re: Stupid bumper question

• Imo I wouldn't do that. I have seen others post that you can leave the squishy bumper on but push it down in the space between the matress and the crib. That way you still have a bumper but you also have more air flow. HTH

• Maybe I'm not imagining this right, but if you attach the breathable one to the non-breathable one, don't you render the breathable one un-breathable?  I thought the point was that air would flow through the breathable bumper.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • There are a couple of reasons to not use the quilted ones. 1. Baby can get smothered 2. It stops air flow causing stale air (increased CO2 hangin around..) both of which are "risks" for SIDS. So IMHO, I would not do this. But as you pointed out, it is also a personal choice.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"