Cincinnati Babies
Options

Portrait Innovations Question?

I took Ethan there for the first time yesterday (Colerain) just to get a photo in his Halloween costume.  Love the fact that they print right there and I was good and just got the special package.  However, the photographer was not very good with Ethan and seemed pretty helpless on getting my active toddler to try to actually be on the photobackdrop.  I would think as a child photographer you would have a few more ideas on getting toddlers to be still and playing with them to get them intersested.  But I got some blocks which Ethan LOVES and we got a few shots of him looking and I was happy with our proof!

My issue is I took him there because all of my friends and family have taken their kids there and the background is always pure white and clean.  I guess I was under the impression that they touched up the background before printing.  This was not the case, and it looks dirty and there are dirty scratches on the bottom part where you stand and they are very obvious in the picture.

I was thinking of going to West Chester tomorrow if I feel up for it (wisdom teeth out today) and see if they may do a reshoot or just pay $10 for it again.  All the pics I've seen from that location have had a very nice pure white background. 

Any thoughts from anyone who has gone there?  Thanks :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Portrait Innovations Question?

• Options
    I have only ever gone to the West Chester location.  They worked very hard with both my infant and my teenager to get great shots.  I did notice that some of the backdrops were worn looking, but it didn't show in my photos.  I had to wait awhile...25 minutes... to get in both times, with an appointment.  I was happy with the photographer both times I have been there.  I was thinking about doing the $10 deal just to get a pose in DD's costume, but I bet that place will be a zoo tomorrow.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options

We went to the one in Colerain shortly after they opened and I vowed I would never go there again. ?The photographer was too busy waiting to get the perfect picture and wasn't taking any pictures, she also seemed to busy talking to her friends to really care that we were there. ?Up until that point we had always gone to Crestview Hills and loved them we thought we'd just give the Colerain one a shot and since then we've been back to Crestview Hills, they work hard to get good shots and typically they take at least 80 pictures b/c they work quickly and get pictures that you would never have expected. ?I think the background has always looked good there too. ?I have many pictures with the white background and Isabelle (not a close up) and I know I wouldn't have gotten them if the white background looked gross.

Michelle?

• Loading the player...
  • Options

We went to Crestview Hills yesterday.

Here's a white backdrop pic:

I didn't feel like it was worn and it doesn't appear that way in the photo. 

ETA:  We've had some good luck there.  When we went at 9 mos, the photographer was great, took lots of pics (131), and we got some fabulous shots.  Yesterday Brandon was not in a great mood but we still got some great photos.  We were in the Christmas room at first with and he was not a happy boy.  We tried changing him and that helped a little.  We also tried posing with him which helped a little.  But he still wasn't very happy.  We went into the other room after the outfit change and it got a little better.  But I didn't get the photos I wanted, which were of him in the outfit shown with the white background/"1" block since this was our 1 year pics... just a little late.  We also didn't get the fall background which I wanted (see new siggy).  The photographer let us change outfits back to the original and the results were exactly what I wanted and we got MUCH better pics.  She did work pretty hard to get Brandon happy and she was really patient. 

• Options
    Honestly, in our experience the backdrops and props at the West Chester location aren't any better.  They were so dirty in her last photos we had taken there that I was embarrassed to hand out even the 5x7's because it just looked bad.  We haven't been back since.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"