Eco-Friendly Family
Options

regular thirsties vs the duo..

I dont see the difference on these... just that the duo expands??? length wise?

ETA: also do they have a plasticky feel and are they more trim then BG3.0

Re: regular thirsties vs the duo..

• Options
    I just got a Duo in the mail from Bebeology, but haven't tried it yet.  The Duo adjusts so with two covers (size 1 and 2) you can cover a wide weight range as opposed the the regs where they are sized xs through xl.  We used 4 xs four DS and love them when he was in Kissaluv and PF.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

imageamyyellowstone:
    I just got a Duo in the mail from Bebeology, but haven't tried it yet.  The Duo adjusts so with two covers (size 1 and 2) you can cover a wide weight range as opposed the the regs where they are sized xs through xl.  We used 4 xs four DS and love them when he was in Kissaluv and PF.

which PF are you using the ones from GMD?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    That is what I had when DS was a newborn, but I have not gotten any for use with the duo yet.  We also use BG 3.0 and some pocket change.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

With the Duo you have to buy fewer sizes.  I like them alot.

We use Little Lions prefolds under them.  All prefolds are about the same though.

• Options

I get so confused with the prefolds...

we have 12 BG 3.0 in rotation now... how many covers do you think we should have for the duo.. 12 also?  do they get "stinky" ?

• Options

No, 12 is way too many.  We had two xs covers when DS was a newborn with...wow...I can't remember how many kissaluvs I had!  Maybe 12 and then another 12 or so pfs.   We did laundry every other day.  I thought two covers wasn't enought and bought another two.  We got by with two but they got stinky and I was hand washing them sometimes.  Four was plenty and we could have gotten by with 3. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    The duos are trimmer than the regular thirsties. Can't compare to a BG b/c I don't own any. I like the duos way better. They feel just like any PUL cover.
  • Options
    The lady at Green Mountain Diapers did a really extensive write up on these covers here.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"