Baby Names

name-game

I am 23 weeks pregnant with a little girl.  I have so far only found the names Sofie and Kaylin.  But, I want a name that isn't extremely common like Ashley, Amanda, Brittany or of those names that are hitting the top 50 names. I want her name to be unique but not crazy out there.  Any ideas?  My last name starts with an 'E' so it can't really spell out too many words.  Opinions would be great =)

Re: name-game

• What about ...

Aubrey

Brynn

Rylan

Camden

Teagan 

Brylee 

VOTE on my Name List
  • Sophia is way more popular than Brittany and Amanda, and Sofie is essentially the same, so if that's your goal, I would avoid that. I'm not sure about Kaylin (because there are so many spellings) but Kayla is definitely very popular as well.

Here are some girl names I like, but they might not be your style:

Clara

Jane

Charlotte

Cecilia

Melanie

• Loading the player...
  • Sofia is extremely popular right now....and Sofie is probably what 80% of them will be called.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • I like Kaylin!
    Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• Audrey

Coralie

Carly

Adele

Taryn

I'm reaching here. I just put Sofie and Kaylin in Nymbler and these are some of the results I got.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I love Kaylin, it is pretty, not very popular, and not weird.

Some other  names I like Evelyn, Cora, Gemma/Jemma

"Normal day, let me be aware of the treasured day you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart...let me hold you while I may."

TTC #1- unexplained...lost left ovary 4/07 IUI #1 2/10/09-BFN IUI #2 3/5/09-BFN IVF # 1-BFP

TTC#2- FET 4/7/11 BFP, Natural mc 5/5/11 IVF#2 ER 9/13/11, ET 9/16/11, Beta #1 9/27/11 BFP 254 Beta #2 9/30/11 793 -Twins!

• We definitely had a hard time picking our little girls name out too for the same reason.  I love sofie, it's cute, but I went to my youngest sister's school(she's 10) and there were 2 girls there named sofie...

Ours is Eva Kitai.

We were also thinking about Amarra and Ivane.

imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I know a lot of Sofie's and Kaylins.  Both names are pretty popular.

We went a little further down the list.

DD is Reese Elizabeth

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Ashley, Amanda, and Brittany are actually not that popular anymore. They were popular in the 80s. If you want something less popular you'd do better to go with these as opposed to your other choices...

Sofie (Sofia, Sophia, Sophie...) and variations of Kaylin are super popular right now.

If you want something less common, go to the SSA baby name website, go past the first 100 names on the popularity list, and start writing down names you like. 

• Caroline is a name I love that isn't that popular.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"