Breastfeeding

I had no idea re: weight loss

I knew that breastfeeding would help the post-partum weight loss situation, but I had no idea how quickly it would happen!!

I gained 35 pounds while pregnant, and as of this morning, I'm only six pounds above my pre-pregnancy weight. That's insane!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I had no idea re: weight loss

• I hope that happens to me! lol I'm so swollen still from my c-section that I'm starting to wonder when I'll start losing the weight.
  • imagejoanne12:
    I hope that happens to me! lol I'm so swollen still from my c-section that I'm starting to wonder when I'll start losing the weight.

I had a c-section and I am still up 25 pounds. Keep in mind though I had twins. I did lose weight fast though, just not all of it. I am still 2 sizes bigger.

GL, hopefully you will have better luck.

The swelling last for about 2 weeks after a c-section and then you will start noticing a big difference.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Savannah
    image.
    Callista
    Baby Trail Blog
    "Someday we will look at our babies and know it will be worth it. If it was easy, we would not have had our babies, the babies we were meant to have." From Amy052006
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imageMrs.Babbsy:

The swelling last for about 2 weeks after a c-section and then you will start noticing a big difference.

I was induced an on an IV for 23+ hrs- the petocin bloated me like crazy (I was a vain pregnant lady w/ no swelling) and I cried a lot when I got home about being so gross and puffy.  It took 5-6 days for my milk to really come in and I noticed a significant de-puffing then (like I was able to put real shoes on again) and then again @ 2 weeks I was much less bloated. 

For me the shedding of the baby weight really slowed down @ 6-8 months when she started solids.  It made me sad. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • That's how it was for me...and I'm still 4 lbs above my pre-pregnancy weight...I like to think it's all my boobs! :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Just had to say that you have to love that benefit. I had a c-section and even with the strict limitations during recovery within a month I was down to the last 10 - 13 pounds, and I must have gained close to 50. By DS reaching 4 months of age, I was at my pre-pregnancy weight.:o)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Isn't it a nice bonus? Smile

I hit my pre-pregnancy weight at 5 weeks, and as of last week I'm actually down 5 lbs. from my pre-pregnancy weight! Big Smile

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I am so jealous of you lucky ladies!  With DS#1, I nursed for 10 months and COULD NOT drop the last 5 lbs.  As soon as I stopped nursing, the last 5 fell off no problem.

With DS#2, I gained 30 lbs.  3 months pp, I am still up 20 lbs!  I just started Weight Watchers and it's helping, but my body just holds onto weight when I nurse!  Even with exercise and somewhat limited diet.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"