Georgia Babies

creepy neighbor

I got a package today from china.  I thought it might be the glasses that my DH ordered awhile ago so I opened it.  Inside I found a toilet paper holder with a hidden camera inside.  The really creepy part is that it is for a childrens bathroom and has cartoon characters on it.

I'm not sure which neighbor it belongs to since I don't know all my neighbors names.  But it had my address on the package.

It is just CREEPY and makes me wonder if there is a pedophile in my neighborhood.  Hopefully I'm over thinking and it is innocent.  Either way, I am not about to go knock on their doors to figure out who ordered it.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: creepy neighbor

• Oh, Yikes! That is just about the creepiest thing I've ever heard of! You could go to whitepages.com and look up the name, just to see which house number they are in. I would want to know which neighbor to watch out for!
  • Oh my that is the creepiest.  Yuck.  That gave me a shiver down my spine.  What kind of person orders something like that.  Oh yuck yuck yuck. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    DMoney will be a kickass big sister
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Is this something that should be reported to the police maybe ..i'm sure they could find out who it belongs to.  I mean seriously??? WTH ?
  • I'm with Jodylynn - Something to alert the police about.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    DMoney will be a kickass big sister
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Ditto on calling the police--that is just very freaky and scary!!
  • OMG that is awful. Yikes, just yikes.
  • I agree, I would def. call the police and report it. 
  • Did it have your name on it or just your address and someone else's name?  Def. report it to the police because if the person is a registered sex offender and they have contact with children, they could go back to jail (the name on the box will be in the system) and if they are non-registered (meaning they have never been caught) you might be saving a child from molestation.

Not to scare you, but the odds of you having a non-registered sex offender in your neighborhood are pretty high.  In 2007, there were over 600,000 registered sex offenders in the country - which means these are the ones who have been caught.  The FBI estimates that only 10 % of all sex crimes against children get reported, so if you do the math, it's terrifying.  (I teach a section about missing and abducted children, so that's how I know this stuff - plus something I really care about.)  Please let us know how it goes.  I am curious as to what the police say.

• Oh my gosh thats so scary! I agree with taking some kind of action. Maybe you could do it?anomalously if youre afraid for your safety. It couldnt hurt to at least?see what the police have to say.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"