TTC after 35

If you've had a chemical pregnancy

How long did your doctor suggest you wait before trying again?  Thanks!

Re: If you've had a chemical pregnancy

• My chemical pregnancy was with IVF and my dr. said we could start again right away.  We are now in the process of getting ready for FET, so that takes awhile because of the protocol.  

• I had one before going to an RE.  My OB said to wait two months.  But I know a lot of people are told to try again right away.
  • Loading the player...
  • Same as stacia - My chemical pregnancy was with IVF and my dr. said we could start again right away.  Good luck!

Blocked tubes due to ruptured appendix
    IVF#1 Ectopic - tube removed; FET#1 CP; IVF#2 BFP!
    Beta#1 13dpo 115; Beta#2 15dpo 248; Beta #3 20dpo 2215 U/S#1 6w1d HR 99; U/S#2 8w HR 165; U/S#3 10w HR 176 and moving all around!
    Bedrest at 28 weeks due to preterm labor; released to modified bedrest at 34 weeks; released to full activity at 37 weeks
    BabyNantucket born at 37 weeks 4 days 7lbs8oz 19in

Success is getting up just one more time than you fall down.

• Mine was when we were trying on our own and they didn't tell me to wait at all.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC #1 Cycle #18 m/c Jan. 9, 2007, chemical pg May 4, 2007, methotrexate shot Oct. 5, 2007--m/c Oct. 9, 2007, IUI Nov. 17, 2007 It worked! beta 11/30 & 12/6 TTC #2 Cycle #5 IUI July 20, 2009 -BFN 8-3-09 Cycle #6 IUI August 17, 2009-BFP! 8-31-09, beta 9-1-09, 9-8-09, saw the H/B 9-22-09 EDD 5-10-10
  • I didn't have a CP but an early miscarriage (just under 5 weeks when it started) and my Dr told me to wait until I had my first real period. So basically one month.
  • I had a cp with IVF and the RE told me to wait two months. Good luck!
  • I was not told to wait at all.  My next ovulation was delayed one week (and thus AF), though.

I've even heard that you are 'more fertile' the cycle after a CP . . . although, I'm not sure that's a solid medical fact Smile

• After my 1st CP, I was told to wait a month.

After my last one, I wasn't told anything.  I didn't ask so I figure we are trying right away again.  No time to waste once you are 38, you know?  Besides, had I not taken the HPT early, I would have just thought I was 1 day late and had a heavier cycle than normal and we would have been trying again anyway.

• I've had 2 on my own and 1 with fet....each time the OB or RE said we didn't have to wait.
    1 ectopic 3 m/c's prior to 5/05 Un-freaking-explained IF 5/05 IVF, BFN 9/05 FET 3d5e, BFP = Beautiful Baby Girl (lucky pg #5) 8/08 Fet 3d5e, cp 12/08 IVF with PGD, transfer 3, BFN 5/09 FET transfer 4, BFN Hail Mary IUI with Follistim 9/11 BFP; 9/22 confirmed tubal/MTX 4/10 FET 3d5e, BFP!!!! m/c 5/26/10 1 year break and yet another m/c 5/11 FET #5 initial beat 121, second beta 7 Lap and removal of L tube and very mild endo 7/11 Suprise BFP 12/11 & m/c @ 8 wks. After 11 losses and one beautiful miracle our journey is over, we are thankful and at peace.
  • I was told it was ok to start right away, but my CPs were not medicated cycles. I wonder if that would have anything to do with some of the variations in answers.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I had a couple of CP.  I was told to wait one cycle. 
  • I was also told that I did not have to wait.  My OB said the bleeding should be considered my period.  I was exactly 5 weeks. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"