San Diego Babies

Teaching while pregnant?

I am almost 12 weeks right now and would love to work right up until my due date in May, but another teacher at my school is in her 19th week right now and can barely take it anymore. She recommended stopping work around 38 weeks. Any other teachers out there with advice?

Re: Teaching while pregnant?

• I taught up until 30 weeks, and started having preterm contractions. I think it depends on the grade, and your administrator. 
  • Today is my last day and I'm 37 weeks 2 days.  I teach high school science and my administration is wonderful.  I was going to work all the way but then decided I need nesting time.  I am so looking forward to relaxing and taking better care of myself and preparing for delivery more.

It's been a very easy pregnancy.  We did have one pregnant teacher last year who had horrible sickness and was bedrested so was out on disability a lot.

So it just depends on the pregnancy.

• Loading the player...
  • HI:)

I'm a teacher as well and have been pretty energetic and active through my pregnancy. I thought I'd be able to go all the way or at LEAST until 2 weeks before...until I hit week 34 this Monday. Suddenly I'm unbelievably tired and I can't imagine how I'll make it another week, let alone any more. I guess we're all different, I just want to warm you that your feelings can change drastically and fast, so be prepared. Best of luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"