Multiples
Options

If you had/are having a c section.....

What did you bring to the hospital tolay around in, nightgowns or comfy pants and shirts? What does your list say??

Re: If you had/are having a c section.....

• Options

I wore comfy pants and t-shirts. I hate nightgowns and stuff so I wore something that was very loose and high waisted so that it wasn't laying on my incision.

However; when I went home 5 days later I was wearing regular sweats. :)

Good luck!

• Options
    i had GINOROUS pajama pants that went way over my incision. and the hospital gown over that. if i was going to visit the boys in the NICU, i wore a robe on top.
    How to tell my boys apart

The different types of twins and triplets

Jack, Sydney and Carynne, Annaleigh, JW, Eden...forever in our hearts.
    My blog * We made the national news!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I woke a couple summer tan top type maternity dresses (100% cotton-types)...I was too paranoid about my incision to wear anything with a waistband...but it was also summer, so maybe if it was colder I would worn the pants too...

• Options
    I just used the hospital gowns - Honestly, it was the easiest thing to wear, especially when they were checking my stiches all the time and I had a catheter for the first day or so.  And, I didn't care if they for messed up.  I did take a robe and slippers for later in the week when I was up and around more.  I just wore sweats home. 
  • Options
    Oh - I did wear those stretchy cotton camisoles too, so I wasn't totally naked under those nightgowns.  Just figure whatever you are most comfortable in will do. 
  • Options
    I stayed in the hospital gowns.  They were more comfy and easier for breastfeeding.  Plus, no worries about bleeding on my own clothes.
  • Options
    Yoga pants and nursing tanks. I wore a robe or sweatshirt and slipper socks to go to the NICU.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    comfy pants - that went up high on my waist (maternity sweats mostly)... and nursing tanks - and also wore the gowns from the hospital.  i wore the mesh undies while i was there that they give you- and stole a lot to wear at home, too :)
  • Options
    I brought nursing tanks, pj shorts and yoga pants to hang out in.  It was very comfy, didn't bother my incision one bit.  It was kind of handy having shorts/pants on during incision checks, no one really had to leave the room during them that way.  Oh, I also rocked the mesh undies that Goldie mentioned.
  • Options
    I wore the Johnny on day 1 and part of day 2 until they took out the catheter and the IV.  then I wore the hospital mesh undies and a tank top.  If I left the room I wore the Johnny or some sweats, too.  (the room was quite warm).
  • Options

Bring your MOST comfy pants for coming home - even my maternity pants laid on my incision so I ended up wearing pg bottoms home - wish I would have brought sweats.  Along the same line - buy some granny panties - the kind that ride up to the belly button.  I've never worn them but the bikini panties I brought to the hospital were PAINFUL and I ended up wearing the hospital throwaways  home  :)

Also, if you bring your own nighties, make sure your ta-tas are really accessable.  Maybe they do this w/ singletons too but they were always bringing me a baby/trying to get them to latch.

• Options
    I wore my Motherhood nursing tanks with loose pajama pants. I also wore a robe over my pjs to the NICU.
    Kimberly, DH Monte, Angel baby 10/06, Angel twin 7/07, Rhett Kaden, our IVF miracle, born 3/23/08, Mason Robert & Wyatt David, our FET miracles, born 8/2/09 at 36 weeks, 3 days
    Our Blog

• Options
    i wore the hospital stuff and wore what i wore in back out when i left. i didnt want to have to worry about messing up my clothes (and it is messier then i thought it would be). i also rocked the mesh panties and just wore a backwards gown over the gown i was wearing to go to the nicu (pretty much what all the moms there were doing). this way i changed often to not fill icky and didnt have to worry about the laundry.
  • Options

I wore the hospital gown b/c I had minor back surgery at 35 weeks and had a giant gaping hole in my back that they had to change the dressing daily. (not preg related so I hope no one ever has to deal with that! ever!)

But I had a soft, cotton robe that came to me knee that I would wear on my trips to the NICU.  That and some lip gloss helped me feel more human. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I lived in my nursing tanks and yoga pants.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"