Preemies

I am pissed off and officially a woman on a mission.

The mission is to keep LO healthy.

Apparently I cannot rely on DH to enforce handwashing, no sick people at the house, etc. as he invites two uncles and an aunt over yesterday and did not say anything as one Uncle hacked and coughed the entire time he was here. I asked ahead of time if he wanted me to be bad cop and he said he would  handle it. His idea of handling it was to not say a word since "he didn't go near LO". Um yeah, except that he was coughing in the same room as her and coughing into his hands and wiping them on the couch where we sit with LO. (Which is pretty freaking gross when you think about it.)

I walk into the room and I know everyone could read my expression when I heard his uncle coughing- I very sternly indicated we were told to keep her away from sick people and to avoid crowds. The aunt and the sick uncle were like "Oh we know" (they had a premature granddaughter) but then WHY THE HELL did they come???

So I stood over the pack and play pretty much until they left and I promptly talked sternly to DH about his lack of voice/balls/etc for his daughter's welfare.

What pissed me off even more was that when DH mentioned to his mother (who called 10 seconds after they left)  that his Uncle was sick she says "Oh yeah I heard about that." Well then why the heck wouldn't she speak up about him not coming????

So now no one is coming over who is sick, if you start hacking I don't care how far you traveled to get here, GTFO. You have to wash your hands if you want to touch her, and I'm enforcing the home nurse's suggestion that NO ONE kisses or touches little one's hands or face except her parents.

*steps off soapbox.*

Re: I am pissed off and officially a woman on a mission.

• I can't even explain how much I understand where you're coming from.  My LO's were 8 weeks early and I had a hard time with anyone coming over, let alone anyone who remotely had a sniffle.  My DH is a people pleaser, but promised to open his mouth if anyone was inappropriate.  Then a friend of his showed up w/o calling first at 9pm two days after my DD had come home.  The friend had just come from the gym and walked into my house with just a knock and walk-in.  Then he walked directly over to the twin bassinett and leaned over to touch her.  I was staring at my DH and waiting for him to say something.  NOTHING!  After 6 weeks in the NICU, you say NOTHING!  I couldn't believe it and had to step in.  We've come a long way since then, but I know exactly how you feel.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • it's a shame your DH didn't stand up and say something. My husband was the same way, but I knew going into it it would be that way. I just resolved to be the b!tch when I needed to.
  • Loading the player...
  • I would be pissed too!  You need to get DH on board!!
  • I am sorry that happened.  Sometimes I wonder of our DHs were actually present in the NICU.  Mine never understood why I was so adamant about no visitors, santizing, etc.  Um, hello, because DS already spent 3 months in the NICU and we are not going back!
    Kelly, Mom to Noah 8.27.05 (born at 26 weeks)
  • Wow... That's horrible. 

/shakes your DH... ummm hello?! 

Our Girls
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    AquinnahDori
    "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."
  • i have so been there myself! when it comes down to it you have to be your baby's voice and advocate and sometimes that even means going up against your husband.

Rowen Alexander born 10 weeks early 1/28/07

www.4wquestions.blogspot.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"