North Carolina Babies

recommend your broom/vac

i was thinking about getting the swiffer vac to use in my kitchen - our laundry room is right off the kitchen and that's where the litter box is - i am so tired of having to sweep 5x a day bc of the litter being tracked through the kitchen. 

anyway, i wanted to get one of those broom/vac things thinking maybe this will work better than sweeping.  or if you have a suggestion on what i can do to lessen the litter tracking, i'd love that too!  we currently have a rug along the litter boxes to help with the tracking and another rug that goes in the door way between the kitchen and laundry.  it helps but its still pretty bad.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: recommend your broom/vac

• I don't know, but I've been thinking about the same thing for our kitchen.  Only our problem is dog hair.  I feel like I need to sweep constantly, and I just don't have time to do it as often as I should.  So I was thinking one of those broom vac things would be so much easier, and work better since dog hair likes to run from the broom!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I've got the Swiffer Vac and I LOVE it! It's my favorite cleaning item.  We have hardwood floors and I used to have to sweep, get up the piles with the dust buster and then swiffer. Now, my cleaning time is cut in half because I can do it all at once with the Swiffer Vac. (that sounds like a commercial Smile) Anyway, it works well if you're getting up small things like dust bunnies, crumbs, hair, etc. If you're trying to get up larger things, it might not work as well as regular vacuum. But, for use a few times a week, it's much easier and faster than a broom. 

If you do get one, I've found that it works better if you clean out the filter and re-charge the battery after every use - the suction stays stronger. Oh and last thing, I had a hard time finding one. But Wal-Mart does carry them.

• Loading the player...
  • thanks!!  i signed up to get a $5 coupon, but i don't think i can wait the 6-8 weeks to get one!  we're going to walmart this afternoon so i will see if they have one, i just might get it today - i can't stand sweeping!!! and with DS being so cranky i've had to wear him in the moby a lot, which makes it hard to bend over to pick up the stuff after i sweep. 

plus it's got a money back gaurantee, so if it doesn't work i will be sending in for that!

• I got a special rug for our laundry room that is designed to cut down litter tracking. It's got all these little grooves for the litter to fall into, then you can sweep, vacuum, or shake them out.

PetSmart has them in the cat care section. They come in bright stripes which weren't my favorite, but it's in the laundry room so I decided it didn't matter that much!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"