North Carolina Babies

Greensboro GTG

Has there been any more talk of when we want to get together?  I have a yard sale on the 14th so I wouldn't be able to go then, but I'll take cake if we do it on the 21st! Stick out tongue  If we have a lot of people who can go only one of the two dates, and if we're split, we could always do it both dates, and most of us would go just one of the two times.  We'd each miss out on some people but at least we'd see those who could go that day!

What do you all think -- Nov. 14th or 21st?  Please vote!

https://www.gcmuseum.com/flash.htm

Pregnant with #1 with PCOS and LPD, success with mostly naturopathic treatments
Our Thanksgiving Day baby 11/22/07

imageimageimage

Pregnant with #2 with LPD, uterine polyp/hysteroscopy, DOR (AMH = 0.17), 2 c/ps
Our early Christmas present 12/9/10

Re: Greensboro GTG

• I vote the 14th bc I think family will be in town on the 21st and they probably won't want me to take Nora anywhere.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Don't put too much weight on my vote because I don't know if we can make either, but we definitely can not do the 21st. ?We are doing T-giving a week early and won't be able to get away.
  • Loading the player...
  • We're good for either weekend. Does this include the husbands?
  • imagetgallo:
    We're good for either weekend. Does this include the husbands?

IMHO of course...at least those who can and want to!  It's fun! :)

imageimageimage

• imagealchris:

imagetgallo:

Good, I know DH loves spending time with the LO and I'd hate to not include him.

• imagetgallo:
    imagealchris:

imagetgallo:

Good, I know DH loves spending time with the LO and I'd hate to not include him.

Ditto!  I think most things are more fun with DH. :)  Of course, people don't have to take DHs if they can't go or don't want to, but I think it'll be fun, especially in a place like the children's museum which is so entertaining!

imageimageimage

• Just a friendly FYI - the 14th is a LB photo session in Raleigh - so I won't be able to make a GTG on that date, and I'm guessing several others wouldn't be able to make that date either.  =)  So I vote for the 21st.
  • i was just getting ready to post something about this becaue there seems to be a lot going on both those weekends...saturdays especially. So i was gonna throw out there what about a sunday...would that make more people be able to attend the same date if we switch it to sunday as a lot of events around usualy are saturdays so i thought this might help with finding a weekend good for more people!
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I vote the 21st.  I'm OOT on the 14th.
    Rachel & Bill 9-10-05, Liam Andrew born 5-30-08 (formerly lakebride05)
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We have a wedding to attend on the 14th, so can't go that day or the 15th (if we're talking Sundays).

But I can go on the 21st and 22nd.  DH may or may not be able to come with me, but that's really a moot point!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I mentioned those dates because November, specifically Nov. 21st, was mentioned in the post a week or two ago.  I think Nov. 7th is too near now, and Nov. 28th is Thanksgiving weekend.  Nov. 21st definitely works better us since we can't do the 14th.  My initial thought had been that we couldn't do anything that weekend because of Kira's birthday, but that's why I responded in the last thread that if I could take cake that we could consider that her "party" and it's such a fun place it'd be perfect!  We actually haven't been to the GCM (only the WSCM), but I've heard really great things and it would be a treat. :)

Doing one the weekend of the 14th-15th and another the weekend of the 21st-22nd is just fine with me if that would enable us to include more people!  But I'd be able to help coordinate only on the 21st-22nd.

Based on this thread only, this is what we have so far:

14th (or 15th): JHL, maybe Evans, tgallo

21st (or 22nd): alchris, tgallo, Mrs_M&M (and possibly others  participating in LB session in Raleigh on the 14th), crescentmoon, mrsmikey

imageimageimage

• I'd be able to do the weekend of the 21st-22nd of we do it on sunday...i knwo there is the option of 2  but i was wondering more if we switch it to a sunday can we get more people and not do 2 weekends. it almost makes it not as much of a statewide gTG if we have 2.  my thought is to get as many as we can.
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • For us Sunday usually is preferable because Saturdays fill up so quickly!  That particular Sunday is just a bit tougher for us because it is DD's actual birthday, but we can certainly go with the majority. :)  In my experience a lot of people try not to venture too far from home on Sundays, but maybe folks would want to if it'd mean more of us can go.  I suggested two weekends since a lot of people will be out of town for one of them and I didn't want families being left out completely when there are other families who may want to go on the other date.  It's looking like the weekend of the 21st works better for more people, but those who can't go that weekend may want to get a smaller group together the weekend of the 14th -- it's up to them! :)  Hopefully more people will respond below, and I can post again on Monday. :)

imageimageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"