Philadelphia Babies
Options

Pediatrician in Delaware County

I live in Glenolden. I would appreciate any references. I am due in 4 weeks.

I am looking for evening hours, weekend hours and also two room waiting room, one for sick and one for healthy children. TIA

Re: Pediatrician in Delaware County

• Options
    We're using Drexel Hill Pediatrics--not sure if thats close enough for you or not, but they do have a website so you can do a preliminary check on them before investing too much time. I believe they have all the items you mentioned and I also liked that at least one of their drs is a lactation consultant and teaches breastfeeding classes and all that kind of stuff so she's apparently a very good resource if youre planning to nurse--which I am.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Hi - We use Pediatric Medical Associates in Drexel Hill (right on the Havertown border actually) on Route 1. This may be a little distance for you from Glenolden since you likely want someone closer. We have been very happy with them from day 1. Very supportive of breastfeeding and overall very available with a good bedside manner for parents and kids. I attended a new parent open house which they hold 1x monthly to meet one of the docs. When I felt comfortable enough to bring a screaming child with many new Mommy questions and not be judged, I was sold! :) Good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We also use Drexel Hill Pedi

https://drexelhillpeds.com/

Where are you delivering?

DHPA comes to Delaware County Memorial Hospital daily and checks on the baby while you're in the hospital (at least they do at DCMH)

I just called beforehand to let them know I was going to be a patient.

• Options
    We go to Drexel Hill Pediatrics as well and like it, and I think it has all the things you mentioned.  I have also heard good things about Kids First Broomall, but I am not sure what they have, and if it is too far a drive for you.
  • Options

We live about 5 blocks from Baltimore Pike which is only a good 5-8 minute drive to Drexell Hill. Our mailing address says Glenolden but Secane is the next block over...go figure.

We are delivering at the Birthing Center in Byrn Mawr.

Thank you ladies I will look into these.

• Options
    Drexel Hill Pediatrics also does hospital visits at Bryn Mawr where Im delivering so Im sure they'd come to you at the birth center too. A friend of mine mentioned that you are discharged within something like 12 hours when you deliver at the birth center so I dont know if its common for the ped to visit the baby there or at your house or at their office etc. but Id guess that they've dealt with the birth center before if they go to BM hospital.
  • Options

I am delivering at the birth center also. This is our third baby but second one being delivered at TBC. We had an AMAZING experience there and are really looking forward to delivering there again.

We go to Broomall peds which is probably a hike for you but they are awesome.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"