Breastfeeding
Options

Why to keep a stash-

So I was wondering a few weeks ago, like some other people on here, what the point was of keeping a stash. Well my husband and I got a stomach flu and it hit me really hard. I got completely dehydrated and there were no safe drugs to take while breastfeeding. I had to stop breastfeeding for 24 hours while I took medication to stop the puke-a-thon- but since I had a big stash saved up we didn't have to use formula and we didn't have to worry about running out of breastmilk for 24 hours.

So my stash is nearly empty now, but I'm diligently building back up in case anything else happens. So it may seem pointless and like a hassle, but if you need it for an emergency it's really great to have!

Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest!
Birthday

Re: Why to keep a stash-

• Options
    It's also great to have if for some reason your milk dries up or baby goes through a growth spurt and needs more than usual.
  • Options

I have a large stash (probably 500 oz) for several reasons. 

-If my supply suddenly dries up he can still have BM for awhile

-To mix w/ his cereal/fruit/veggies in a couple months

-To send to the grandparents when he spends the occassional weekend there.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imageShlei:
    It's also great to have if for some reason your milk dries up or baby goes through a growth spurt and needs more than usual.

Actually, you really shouldn't use a stash to supplement during a growth spurt.  If you do, then your body won't get the signal to start making more, and you will no longer make enough for your baby.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Apparently the doll needed a time out... image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"