Washington Babies
Options

DD got her first real owie :(

I feel terrible about it. I can't stop thinking about her poor little finger. I was making dinner last night and she usually hangs out in the kitchen while I cook playing with pots and pans and stirring some dried noodles. All of a sudden she started screaming. She had gotten into the kitchen recycling basket and cut her finger on a can.

It took what felt like forever to stop the bleeding and when I finally got it to stop, there was blood on her, me, and the kitchen floor. Just in time for DH to come home for dinner. My poor baby girl!

DH said when he got her up this morning there was blood all over her crib. She had managed to get the band-aid off and it must have started bleeding again. I just feel horrible about this. I can't believe my baby got hurt. I feel like a terrible mom for having something out that could hurt her and not watching her more closely. The basket now has a new home in the garage.

I know it's normal for kids to have accidents but I still feel terrible about it. Being a mom is tough!

Re: DD got her first real owie :(

• Options

You know what?  Mads goes for the recycling all the time...this could so have been me writing this post.

Hang in there mama, I know how terrible that must feel!!!!  :::hugs::::

• Options
    I'm so sorry! You are so not a bad mom, that could happen to anyone! I know how you feel, when Max gets a minor bump and cries, I feel terrible, so I can only imagine if there was serious blood involved. Hugs to you and hoping that her finger heals quickly!
    Photo by J. Shelton Photography
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageMy Blog
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ouch, poor kiddo, but poor mama really...I know you feel terrible. I bet she heals up in no time...now if we could just do something with our mommy hearts.
    Married! | July 15, 2005 | It's a Girl! | January 31, 2009 | It's a Girl! | July 21, 2011
    Heavens to Murgatroyd Blog
    Unofficial Baby Names Sticky Note: New and Old| Local Bumpie Website image
  • Options
    Oh no!  Poor baby!  These little buggers are quick and can be into anything in the blink of an eye, trust me mine likes to swing from the light fixtures and play with electrical outlets.
    imageimage Brothers! image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"