TTC after 35
Options

CBEFM frustration.

This is my first month using the CBEFM. I read so many posts/warnings about seeing 10+ days of High readings. So I guess that is what I expected as well.

I'm now on day 12 of cycle (they are one day behind monthly cycle) and on my 7th day of testing with it. I've had a Low reading every day. What gives? I would think by now I'd at least be at a Medium.

I am really hoping that I didnt get a black market/fraudulent monitor. I bought it off eBay. It was still in the shrink wrap but now I'm second guessing it since it isnt working the way I wanted it to.

Re: CBEFM frustration.

• Options

I used my CBEFM that I got off ebay for the first time last cycle too.  I got a rediculous number of high readings and no peaks.  It wasn't too long before I really wanted to throw it out the window.  I'm hoping it was just "getting to know me" and that this cycle it will be more helpful.  I would just say keep charting.  If I hadn't last cycle, I think I would've lost my sanity! 

I imagine that doesn't really help, but I guess I just wanted to say you're not the only one!! lol!  GL!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Jeez, you girls are making me nervous.  I bought mine brand new off of Ebay and planned on using it for the first time next month, in conjunction with charting and internet cheapie OPK's (just to be safe!).  Mine is in the shrink wrap, too.  It had better not be a fraud! 

Hopefully someone with more experience with it can share what the norm usually is and shed the light on the CBEFM.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mine actually did well the first month I used it.  Only 2 low days, 2 high days and then the 2 peaks followed by a high and these all corresponded with my temps and OPKs that I used.  I hope it's just the first month that you have issues.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC #1 Cycle #18 m/c Jan. 9, 2007, chemical pg May 4, 2007, methotrexate shot Oct. 5, 2007--m/c Oct. 9, 2007, IUI Nov. 17, 2007 It worked! beta 11/30 & 12/6 TTC #2 Cycle #5 IUI July 20, 2009 -BFN 8-3-09 Cycle #6 IUI August 17, 2009-BFP! 8-31-09, beta 9-1-09, 9-8-09, saw the H/B 9-22-09 EDD 5-10-10
  • Options

For those of you who bought yours off of ebay, did you make sure you reset the machine first by following the instructions in the CBEFM booklet?  You've got to do this in order to wipe out the previous owner's cycle data.

Instructions to do this are on page 28 and here's the link to the instructions booklet. (it's a pdf download).

I bought mine brand new from cvs.com and the first month I used it I got 4 lows and the rest were highs and never a peak, though I know I did ovulate because I was temping and also using OPKs that cycle.  My 2nd cycle using it I did get my Peaks.

• Options
    I bought mine new from the drugstore and I am just finishing my first cycle and I did not get my first high until day 13. I had 6 days of lows 12 days of highs and 2 more days of lows. No peak. I am very glad I was charting and that I had goggled about firsts months on the CBEFM or I would have probably thrown it out. I cannot wait to start next month so it will hopefully know me better.  
  • Options

I think it takes a cycle or two to learn your cycle.  Also, I took a peak at your chart and it looks you O'd around cd17 last cycle.   I wouldn't expect you will get 2 bars for another day or two.

For me, the CBEFM never worked that well.  I almost always went straight from low to peak without any high days.  For this reason, I stopped using it and just switched to OPKs.  Hopefully, it will work better for you and you will see some highs soon.

• Options

Thanks everyone. I am going to keep at it, and see how it goes. Yes, I'm a late O'er, so hopefully that is whats going on. I got another Low today, on CD13 (CBEFM)/CD14 (FF)... but I am charting too so I know I can use that as a gauge as to when I actually O, in case CBEFM misses it.

I guess with all the warnings of so many High days, I expected that would happen to me too. This is a brand new, still in shrink wrap monitor, so I shouldnt need to reset it.

Thank goodness for charting.

• Options
    I am using mine for the first time this month too, but got mine at the drugstore.  So far I've had 2 low days and today is my 2nd high day.  I'm on CD12 today, I normally don't O (I think) around CD16 or so, but my cycles are never spot on.  I'll keep you posted within the next few days if it changes.  We are still doing the deed every other day anyway (which as you all said the CBEFM might not report the peak this month).
    My BFP Chart
    BFP 7.16.11 - Chemical M/C 7.26.11
    BFP 1.12.12 - EDD 10.12.12 - Stick baby stick!
    Beta#1 (12DPO) - Beta 48 Prog 34
    Beta #2(19DPO) - Beta 1767 Prog 54 - Beta #3(26DPO) -
    My BFP Chart
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

AHA! I finally got a Medium reading day. I guess a little patience is all I need. At least I know now that its not "stuck" on Low.

GL to all you ladies!

EDIT:  CBEFM doesnt have Medium, which means I got a High reading today. LOL Sorry still learning this silly thing.

• Options
    I feel like using this thing is a science project.  I had ECWM today, but still only high, not peak.  I'm wondering if peak will be tomorrow.
    My BFP Chart
    My BFP Chart
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Ownedby3 ~ looks like you are right in the midst of great timing. Have fun and Good Luck!

• Options
    Cd14 and still no peak...does anyone know how long you are supposed to wait before peeing?  DH wanted to BD this morning but I had to race to work after.  I waited about 5 minutes before using the bathroom but does anyone know how long you are supposed to wait?
    My BFP Chart
    My BFP Chart
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Lucy, just reporting my findings.  I'm cd15 today and got a peak this morning on both the CBEFM and a cheapie test got a smiley (I did both just to see).  Game on!
    My BFP Chart
    My BFP Chart
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"