Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Playing with LO

I feel like i should be playing with DS more he is 5 weeks old. I try to sing and and move his legs and arms around but he cant be bothered when i play with him he just lays there and stares at something else.I always feel so guilty just letting him sit in his swing or on his play mat and just stare. What do you guys do to play with LO?

Re: Playing with LO

• Options

Does he respond to sound?

Singing to him and talking to him are the best things to do now. In a few more weeks he should start reaching for toys. 

BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Don't worry about it too much since your LO won't usually be able to respond back much until the 2 month mark.  When I have DD on my legs and I'm playing with her feet she always stares into space too.  I have a play mat that has little animals hanging on top so while she stares at them I'll shake them.  That usually gets a response from her.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    sometimes I dance with her and she likes it...just talking and smiling at her keeps her entertained. she hasnt tried reaching for toys yet like the hanging things on her swing or bouncer.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    Just keep doing what you're doing, and he'll respond soon. It was about 6 weeks when my baby started interacting more, and it was SO much easier to play with him then!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My 6 week old likes when I get close to his face and kind of make different noises and funny faces at him, when he coos, i try to copy his face and sounds, he seems to love it. ?He's not really into toys or anything else right now, though.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    sounds normal to me.  DD stared a lot at things (well she still does) but give it some time before LO will start to interact more.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"