Single Parents
Options

intro (long vent)

Hello Ladies,

normally i just lurk on 1st trimester, but so much has been going on that I needed to vent. This summer i had to cancel my wedding due to finances(or so I thought) which caused some stress in me and my fi's relationship. We were finally getting over that hump when I found out I was expecting. Well that's when it all hit the fan! All of a sudden my FI gets caught cheating on me, and says he didn't want to hurt my feelings but he has been unhappy for a long time. WTF???????? I am so torn right now because I already have a 11 year old son from a prev relationship and I live hundreds of miles away from my family. He is currently still staying with me so that we can both get our finances together , but is really really hard. Part of me wants to try and make things work, but the other part doesn't want to be stupid WWYD?

Re: intro (long vent)

• Options
    Is he still with this woman? Maybe counseling. I know how hard it is to live with someone that you aren't dating anymore. I would see if he even wants to try and work it out. If not, then there's no point in wasting your time. Sorry about your wedding, but atleast you found out he was unhappy and cheating before you made that huge commitment to him!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

She doesn't even live in the same state, but I know they are still in contact. So I guess it is really the end.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    The bare minimum, get into counseling yourself.  Obviously you are still conflicted about the situation and counseling will most likely allow you to get your emotions in order and come to a decision about what you want and need.  If he choses to go with you, great, but dont force him.  He needs to put forth an effort too if your relationship is going to see another day.  I wish you the best of luck in the coming months though. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Im sorry, that must be really scary for you.  The first thing I would do is accept that your relationship is over.  He has said that and he has also said he is just there to help financially.  I would write him off so that I could focus on myself and my children.

At this point, I would be looking to move closer to family and friends and not be somewhere so isolated. 

I wish you the best!  Take care.

• Options
    Thanks ladies, I have accepted that our relationship is over, and focusing on what i need to do to prepare for the LO. This site is a little scary it's nice to know there are some nice people on here. :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"