Preemies

We've been home...

5 weeks and suddenly this morning, he just had an apnea.  WHAT?  He's not had any since the NICU and even then, he didn't have many.  This was out of the blue and I don't like it!  I was just complaining about the stupid wires and tubing from the apnea monitor the last couple of days, well, no more complaining for me. It has been a love/hate relationship with that thing, but today, it is my friend!

Re: We've been home...

• was it a false alarm? or did something trigger it? hopefully there won't be anymore and the machine will be gone soon!
  • no, it was't a false alarm. I wish, he did come back on his own immediately though.  I thought these were gone! Hopefully it is just a fluke. grrr
  • Loading the player...
  • It could be just a fluke. Our nurses told us that even 'normal' kids have moments like that, but most people don't know since they aren't on monitors. 5 weeks without incident though is really good!
  • Maybe when the download it, it will come back as a fluke.  Yes, love/hate for sure!  I didn't have one with the preemie, but with my FT we did...go figure!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"