Toddlers: 24 Months+

What do you think her responses are going to be re:6-12 board.

Re: What do you think her responses are going to be re:6-12 board.

• Well! She is in for a world of hurt LOL
  • WTF is wrong with people?
  • Loading the player...
  • imageDani123:
    Well! She is in for a world of hurt LOL

LOL! This will be interesting to watch.

• she is gonna be in trouble for sure!!! here come the flames..
  • Oh, dear. . . .
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Hope she's got on her fireproof jumpsuit today.  The stupidity of some people never ceases.  I'll admit, I've never even watched those carseat videos but isn't is just common sense to keep your kiddo safe?  Well obviously not but wow.
  • You just never know.  I have a friend who was told by her pediatrician when her son was 23 pounds at 9 months that she could go ahead and turn him around FF.  This happened about 15 months ago, so it's not ancient childrearing history!

The friend was shocked and emailed me ASAP to check.  I was surprised, too! I have always assumed that 1 year/20 pounds was the law in our state.  But I felt there was no way a doctor would screw this up, so I looked it up.

Sure enough, in Maryland there's no law about 1 year and 20 pounds for RF.  The only law is carseat until 4 and 40 pounds; belt-positioning booster until 6 and 60 pounds.  The actual law doesn't touch the RF/FF debate.

It's up to each parent how best to seat their child in their car, within the laws of their state.  However, this lady has to know what kind of firestorm she's going to be starting on the boards with that kind of announcement!

High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"