Georgia Babies

Waking baby from nap?

Ava is a horrible napper.  She usually takes a 20 min - 45 min nap twice a day if that.  She has been sick with a cold.  Today when I called to check on her the teacher said she has been sleeping since 11 am.  She asked if I wanted her to wake her to eat.  I said no to let her sleep.  I feel like there is a reason for her sleeping this long.  She said a lot of parents get upset when they don't wake the babies after a certain time.  Am I making a mistake by letting her continue to sleep?  I know it is not normal for her but she is also sick with a cold.  WWYD?
photo bigsister032_zps1fdfe81e.jpgLilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: Waking baby from nap?

• When Gabby is sick I let her sleep as long as she needs to sleep. I am with you on this one.
  • I agree; let her sleep!  My assumption from personal experience is that when they have colds, little ones aren't usually as hungry anyhow, so she might get woken up for nothing AND be cranky at that point. :)  Hope she feels better soon!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Let her sleep!! Resting time is when we heal.  Poor thing needs her rest :)
  • p.s.  HC would nap like that at Ava's age; never in my life thought my kid would stretch out her naps, but somehow around 9-10 months she just figured it out and started napping MUCH better--so here's hoping Ava sleeps better later, too!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Let her sleep, her body needs it to get better and fight the cold. We had both ends of this when D was sick last week. One night he slept all night and day and another day he barely napped which is unheard of.
    Derek 6.30.09 & Parker 4.1.11
    Family
  • definitely let her sleep!  Hope she gets better soon!
  • imagecaliforniafrog7905:
    p.s.  HC would nap like that at Ava's age; never in my life thought my kid would stretch out her naps, but somehow around 9-10 months she just figured it out and started napping MUCH better--so here's hoping Ava sleeps better later, too!
    So there is hope that she will become a better napper!  Thanks! 

Thank you everyone for your advice.  It makes me feel a lot better with my decision to let her sleep.  I thought we were over this cold at the beginning of the week but it has seems to have gotten worse in the last two days. 

photo bigsister032_zps1fdfe81e.jpgLilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • My pedi told me babies get all the sleep they need....which was to pacify SC's bad napping skills......but I think it works for a long sleep as well.  Maybe her body is fighting something off and she needs the rest.  I say never wake a sleeping kid.
  • Yes, I would have said the same thing.  And Gavin was also a poor napper for a really long time.  He would only sleep in the bouncy chair at daycare until he was about 8 or 9 mos old!  We never had problems putting him in the crib at home, but for some reason he would NOT do it for them.  Then one day he just did it.  His teachers were shocked and so was I.  It was also around that time that he started really napping on a schedule.  She'll get the hang of it eventually!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"