Parenting after 35

Why I am thankful for this board...

DH has late call tonight and my sleep terrorist is ironically sleeping. So I can either work on some financial/legal documents I've been putting off OR I can Bump. Clearly, I chose to Bump. So I go over to the 3-6 board and there is drama, name-calling, "you-started-it" crap going on. Sweet Jebus. No wonder I haven't been over there in weeks.  I ran back here post haste. XOXO.

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Peeper Summarized

Re: Why I am thankful for this board...

• if it weren't for our pregnant and parenting over 35 boards i would have run screaming from the bump many many months ago. i loathe unnecessary drama and i especially dislike when women are quick to tear each other down (isn't that what our patriarchal society does every day for pete's sake? solidarity sisters! Big Smile ). so glad to be a part of a group of women that just "get it". you ladies simply rock!!

(edit: "sleep terrorist" -> ahahahahahahahahahahahaha HA!)

• I couldn't agree with you more.

On occassion, I do find myself board-surfing because it's as irrestible as watching a train wreck but, I always quickly find my way back home to the 35+ boards!

I love that we can laugh, cry and support each other. That is what real women do!

Here come the tears...sniff sniff (LOL)

Robby's Blog

Momma Bear
    Big - 1 year old
    Bigger - 6 years old
    Biggest - 13 years old

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imageKandie35:

if it weren't for our pregnant and parenting over 35 boards i would have run screaming from the bump many many months ago. i loathe unnecessary drama and i especially dislike when women are quick to tear each other down (isn't that what our patriarchal society does every day for pete's sake? solidarity sisters! Big Smile ). so glad to be a part of a group of women that just "get it". you ladies simply rock!!

(edit: "sleep terrorist" -> ahahahahahahahahahahahaha HA!)

Kandie couldn't have said it better.

I lurk on the other boards every now and then and always find my way back here.  This board is very supportive on a good day or bad day, meh we are all here to support one another.

• Sleep terrorist.....bwaaaaaah I just spit my coffee out, that is so funny!
  • Can I send my Boston Terrorist (terrier) to keep your Sleep Terrorist , company?  :o)

I agree, I appreciete the two kind boards that I'm on (this one and SaIF).  Life is too short and busy to bother with women who get all wrapped up in drama on the internet.  I've got better things to do, like wash bottles, play with my LO and sleep!

I'm glad that I found this board.  It came on-line when I wasn't around much (recovering), so I missed out on the early days, but I'm glad that I'm here now!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Here here!  Yes
  • imageSmudges*Mom:

Life is too short and busy to bother with women who get all wrapped up in drama on the internet.  I've got better things to do, like wash bottles, play with my LO and sleep!

oht

thats another thing...how do some women have that much time and energy? Even before I had an infant AND a job just one or the other kept me pretty darm occupied. 

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Peeper Summarized
  • Ditto! I wouldn't bother with the Bump if not for the PG/Parenting after 35 boards and the EFF board. I started out on the regular tri-boards, but was rarely posted unless I had a question or legitamate/relevant information for a bumpee. Sometimes I post on the BF and the SAHM board, but its usually just a pop in and ask a question and leave. The EFF board is very interesting and informative, but thankfully not terribly dramatic. They are all really nice girls. AND I learned how to make wool dryer balls over there.
  • I hear you.

DD -- 5YO
    DS -- 3YO

• I think we read the same posts? The 'narcissist'?

But I  totally agree. I dont have the energy or time to cat fight. 

• I don't think I've ever posted on the otehr boards.  I'm a big chicken.  :)
    You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"