North Carolina Babies

FFF

Let's spice this board up!
image Caleb is 3! 101 in 1001

Re: FFF

• I'm tired of having to defend every.little.thing about DS to the women in my life.

"No, he doesn't sleep through the night. Yes, I feed him when he wakes up. No, I don't let him cry. Yes, he loves baby food. No, he doesn't like a lot of table foods."

WHO CARES?! Why don't women (especially moms) support each other and remember that as long as the baby is happy & healthy, all the little things don't matter!

• DH is really pissing me off about $. ?Owen is moving into 9 month clothes, and probably really needs some 12 month stuff too. ?I told him I need to go to Carter's, where I have a 25% off coupon and he bitched about it for a good 20 minutes. ?Sorry that your son is growing and he needs new stuff. ?At least I shop at the outlet, look for deals and use coupons. ?Jackass.
  • Loading the player...
  • I am planning to turn Liam forward facing tomorrow for 2 selfish reasons - to hopefully help with his incessant fussing in the car, and to help him stay awake so that we can get home for naptime.  He's already bigger than a lot of 2 year olds, but I still feel guilty.  I said I would make it until at least 18 months, but I'm caving at 17!
    Rachel & Bill 9-10-05, Liam Andrew born 5-30-08 (formerly lakebride05)
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm tired of people acting surprised when they find out I'm still breastfeeding even though I went back to work.  That irks me to no end.  Just because I work, that doesn't mean that I can't still exclusively breastfeed my baby.  I also got another comment from someone alluding to the fact that I couldn't CD or make my own baby food b/c I work.  WTH.  I can do all of the above if I choose to whether I work or not.

I am also PO about a comment I got from a dad (of another baby) about my EPing.  He said I wasn't breastfeeding.  He said I'm just feeding breast milk and that his wife who nurses is bfing.  Ummm, excuse me?  What's the difference?  We're both BFing.  He needs an education!  Just b/c I pump, that doesn't mean that I don't BF!  

Ok, my vents are over...for now Stick out tongue

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagestarz080:

I am also PO about a comment I got from a dad (of another baby) about my EPing.  He said I wasn't breastfeeding.  He said I'm just feeding breast milk and that his wife who nurses if bfing.  Ummm, excuse me?  What's the difference?  We're both BFing.  He need an education!  Just b/c I pump, that doesn't mean that I don't BF!  

Oh, I would be so freakin' pissed!!  People who haven't pumped have NO IDEA how labor intensive EPing is.  Not that BFing isn't a tough job either but c'mon!  Did he want a sticker for his wife or something?! 

Kim

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I can't wait for DH to be done with this project at work.  I hate having to be in charge of DS all weekend long without much help.  And on top of that DH just told me he's going to a conference in Dec.  I know there are plenty of other moms whose DH's travel for work but I do hate it when DH isn't around to help.
    Kim

• I hate it when people spell "bawling" "balling."  Bawling = crying. Balling = some crazy sex. 
  • I am so tired of this acne.  Ever since I stopped pumping I have had so much trouble with acne.  I've started a new creme (from derm) but it doesn't seem to be helping that much.  

I also hate that I still can't really do anything to work out b/c of my stupid foot.  I had started getting back to the size I want to be but now am stuck b/c no exercise.  And my face is constantly breaking out.  Ughh--I am not liking the way I look lately.

boo hoo...poor me...yes, I know I sound pathetic but I just had to get that out. ;) 

Kim

• imageECUGirl2004:
    I hate it when people spell "bawling" "balling."  Bawling = crying. Balling = some crazy sex. 

LOL!

• I just saw an ad for a new formula that by Enfamil that is supposed to make your baby sleep longer b/c it's harder to digest. WTF? It's normal for babies to need to eat during the night. I feel bad for the babies whose parents buy that crap. Formula companies suck.
  • i hate that i have nothing to talk about with my mil.  it's actually agonizing to talk to her most of the time.  and if i actually answered my phone every time she called, she would start calling me every. single. day.  and its the same exact message every time she calls.  "how are you? hows the baby?  how's the animals? how's this? how's that?"

no really, nothing has changed since yesterday when i talked to you!!!!!  UUUUGH.  i know she means well but it drives me crazy! 

• imageflamencogal:

I am so tired of this acne.  Ever since I stopped pumping I have had so much trouble with acne.  I've started a new creme (from derm) but it doesn't seem to be helping that much.  

I feel your pain.  I apparently have god-awful skin b/c my dermatologist threw everything she could at me (pills & two types of creams). 

What's ridiculous is the mad amounts of guilt I felt for taking a few hours off work to take care of ME for once.  On top of all that, I got a call from my supervisor while I was waiting at the pharmacy to get my Rx filled.  Seriously, can't work just wait for a few hours so I can take care of myself every now and then?  Absurd.

• I hate hypocritical SAHMs.  They say that every family should do what's best for them, whether that's working or SAHM.  But they still have a superiority complex against working moms.  And it's obvious.  I don't care what you say, I can tell by the way you act you think you're better than I am.  Or moms that work that say it is best for their family, but then are just dying to quit to SAH.  Obviously you think SAH is best, and you're just talking out of your a$$ to make yourself feel better about working.  If you're working and don't like it, at least fess up to it.

Not trying to say either is better.  I just hate the hypocrisy about it.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageflamencogal:
    imagestarz080:

I am also PO about a comment I got from a dad (of another baby) about my EPing.  He said I wasn't breastfeeding.  He said I'm just feeding breast milk and that his wife who nurses if bfing.  Ummm, excuse me?  What's the difference?  We're both BFing.  He need an education!  Just b/c I pump, that doesn't mean that I don't BF!  

Oh, I would be so freakin' pissed!!  People who haven't pumped have NO IDEA how labor intensive EPing is.  Not that BFing isn't a tough job either but c'mon!  Did he want a sticker for his wife or something?! 

I agree! I nurse and pump and they can both be tough at times, but I would much rather nurse than pump. I wouldn't say I hate pumping, but I'm pretty close - especially now that I'm back at work and have to do it 4 times a day. I don't know how you EPers do it! I admire you for sticking with it! 

• I have a scheduled c-section for Monday... 6 days before my actual due date. If I don't answer an email or my phone right away my mom assumes that I am in labor. Yup... went into labor and NEVER called you.

I have been fighting bronchitis for 8 weeks, have wicked heartburn, I pee all the time at night... if another person tells me it will be better after the baby comes I might smack them! Like I'll be sleeping with a 2 year old and a newborn?!?!?!

I could go on and on forever! Thank yo

• It drives me nuts when people say "definately".  I immediately think of some teenage girl with a valley accent, smacking her gum and twirling her hair.  And I see it over and over, it's not just a typo.

• imagesms297:

I have a scheduled c-section for Monday... 6 days before my actual due date.

That's my birthday... 

I hope you can get *some* rest over the weekend! Did you pick a name?

• imagesms297:

I have a scheduled c-section for Monday... 6 days before my actual due date. If I don't answer an email or my phone right away my mom assumes that I am in labor. Yup... went into labor and NEVER called you.

I have been fighting bronchitis for 8 weeks, have wicked heartburn, I pee all the time at night... if another person tells me it will be better after the baby comes I might smack them! Like I'll be sleeping with a 2 year old and a newborn?!?!?!

I could go on and on forever! Thank yo

People forget the trials of being a mom don't end with delivery.  That's what I love about 3rd tri.  They all just think it's going to be puppies and rainbows after the baby comes!  Sorry you're getting so much crap this week.  At least you know better :)

• I have not been a very supportive wife as DH trains for his half marathon this weekend.  I can't wait until it is over!  I'm tired of accommodating his running and working out schedule.  Hey, I'd love to work out too, but when am I supposed to do that?  I had to bring Liam in the shower with me this morning because DH didn't have time to watch him for me while I showered, let alone try to do anything else for myself.
    Rachel & Bill 9-10-05, Liam Andrew born 5-30-08 (formerly lakebride05)
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am very grumpy today. K and C are getting the full amount of patience I have. ?Everyone else better walk the line or watch out.
  • I don't want to hear about how my body will never be the same. I just don't have room to deal w/ that right now... w/ how huge I feel I have to believe that I'll eventually be hot again.

• imageEvans:
    I am very grumpy today. K and C are getting the full amount of patience I have.  Everyone else better walk the line or watch out.

I hear ya! I have been like that all week!

• The bad news -- our internet went out.  The good news -- it came back on late last night.  But I'm WAY behind, and I apologize!
    Pregnant with #1 with PCOS and LPD, success with mostly naturopathic treatments
    Our Thanksgiving Day baby 11/22/07

imageimageimage

Pregnant with #2 with LPD, uterine polyp/hysteroscopy, DOR (AMH = 0.17), 2 c/ps
    Our early Christmas present 12/9/10
  • This is for Evans too...

Halloween SUCKS when your kid is allergic to peanuts!

• imagesms297:This is for Evans too...Halloween SUCKS when your kid is allergic to peanuts!

?

Super Ditto! ?As I said on FB, I am in a funk about it. ?I want to go to her preschool's trunk or treat tonight, but, eh, what's the point? ?Just another instance where I have to take her candy away and watch her cry about it. ?The child has a freakish memory and realizes I change it out and will ask about it for days!

• imageEvans:
    imagesms297:

This is for Evans too...

Super Ditto!  As I said on FB, I am in a funk about it.  I want to go to her preschool's trunk or treat tonight, but, eh, what's the point?  Just another instance where I have to take her candy away and watch her cry about it.  The child has a freakish memory and realizes I change it out and will ask about it for days!

Do they not have a no peanut rule?  Our daycare does since so many kids have allergies.  I guess alot of that stuff could contain traces though I guess.  Sorry for both of you, I bet that does suck.

• imagemrsmikey:
    imageEvans:
    imagesms297:

This is for Evans too...

Super Ditto!  As I said on FB, I am in a funk about it.  I want to go to her preschool's trunk or treat tonight, but, eh, what's the point?  Just another instance where I have to take her candy away and watch her cry about it.  The child has a freakish memory and realizes I change it out and will ask about it for days!

Do they not have a no peanut rule?  Our daycare does since so many kids have allergies.  I guess alot of that stuff could contain traces though I guess.  Sorry for both of you, I bet that does suck.

It is next to impossible to find candy they can have. Plain M&Ms say it may contain peanuts... I really wanted to get candy corn the other day but even that says may contain peanuts. A lot of it has to do with packaging... things are packaged in plants where peanuts are. Sometimes full size are ok but the smaller ones aren't because they do a lot of that packaging in the same facility. Plus all of the info isn't on those mini bars so we (and I am sure Evans and her DH) just won't take a chance with it.

• imagemrsmikey:

Do they not have a no peanut rule?? Our daycare does since so many kids have allergies.? I guess alot of that stuff could contain traces though I guess.? Sorry for both of you, I bet that does suck.

The preschool does have a no nut rule. ?But,?technically, the trunk or treat is for the whole church and is not just for the preschool. ?I can't imagine they would have no nuts and even if they did, as you said, so much candy is processed with nuts anyway, so it is unsafe. ??

• I am sick of grown women being so "clique-ish" like they are back in highschool. Why does it have to be so hard to make/find new friends. UGG.
  • I've been to the infertility doctor 4 times this week and it sucks having to drop so much money on something that should happen naturally. But I'm trying not to complain too much because if we get to the point where we have to do IVF it will be ten times worse.
  • I'm grumpy today.  I have heartburn that could rival a forest fire from stress.  I have little to no patience and I feel badly about it.  We're supposed to go trick or treating at Bif's office this afternoon but Ben won't wear his costume.  Won't even entertain the idea of putting it on.  I haven't had a decent nights sleep in weeks and I just want to lay down and take a nap.

• Knowing that a co-worker just gave her 10 month old grandchild that was visiting here at work a bottle with sweet tea in it because her 2 year old sister was drinking some makes me cringe.  Really?  Sweet tea in a bottle?  I found her trying to cram ice cubes into the bottle.
    My sweet boy :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageMrsMcJamie:

I don't want to hear about how my body will never be the same. I just don't have room to deal w/ that right now... w/ how huge I feel I have to believe that I'll eventually be hot again.

This...and I'm sick of the PeakHealth (company monitored wellness program) nurse tries to tell me that I need to lose more weight. I just had a baby!  I don't have a super metabolism- get off my back!

• imageAngelPack:
    Knowing that a co-worker just gave her 10 month old grandchild that was visiting here at work a bottle with sweet tea in it because her 2 year old sister was drinking some makes me cringe.  Really?  Sweet tea in a bottle?  I found her trying to cram ice cubes into the bottle.

OMG!!!

• If my husband puts the dogs outside at night and falls asleep on the back porch, so that I have to get up at 315am to let insanely barking dogs in the house ONE MORE TIME....I will be breaking dishes or one of the windows on the back porch.  Because, after asking him specifically NOT to let the dogs out at night due to this bad habit and he STILL does it, he deserves to meet the seriously phsychotic woman inside me.

Can you tell I didn't have a good night?

• I feel like my ILs don't care about Keira. I feel like since my step daughter was already here they didn't really care that they were getting another grandbaby. They still don't act like they care about her. They never see her. They live 3.5 hours away and my parents live in Colorado. They have made 4 trips to see her already this year, and my IL's have only made one. ONE. Seriously.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers /">< imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • imageAngelPack:
    Knowing that a co-worker just gave her 10 month old grandchild that was visiting here at work a bottle with sweet tea in it because her 2 year old sister was drinking some makes me cringe.  Really?  Sweet tea in a bottle?  I found her trying to cram ice cubes into the bottle.

Oh sweet baby Jesus! 

I know I should be a better sport about Halloween at work, in fact, my LO will be here soon, but I take around 50 phone calls a day and spooky background music is getting old!

• imagetgallo:
    imageMrsMcJamie:

I don't want to hear about how my body will never be the same. I just don't have room to deal w/ that right now... w/ how huge I feel I have to believe that I'll eventually be hot again.

This...and I'm sick of the PeakHealth (company monitored wellness program) nurse tries to tell me that I need to lose more weight. I just had a baby!  I don't have a super metabolism- get off my back!

TGALLO I feel your pain.  I had my work wellness screening earlier this month and the lady oh so kindly told me I need to drop 30 pounds.  Riiight she would have felt like an arse if she knew my situation.  Suck it.

McJ it will be fine!

• I think people our parent's age forgot to teach their kids that life isn't always fair.
  • imageMrsMcJamie:

?

There is no reason you can't be. ?I actually fit into my size 4 Sevens (er 27? ?However they size them) and I NEVER thought that would be possible ever again (which is why I didn't buy a stitch of clothing for the 2 years it took us to get preggo). ?You absolutely can get back to where you were with surprisingly little effort in my experience. ?Don't let the naysayers lead you to believe otherwise. ?Women love to gloom and doom each other to death....?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"