Multiples

If you use one infant bathtub, how do you clean it between babies' baths?

Or do you?  

We give one bath and then after that I just rinse the tub out with hot water and then give the other bath.  If the first baby did anything in the bathwater, then I scrub it with babywash, but I'm afraid to use anything stronger than that b/c of how it might affect their skin.  Do you think that's good enough, or am I being unhygienic?   

Re: If you use one infant bathtub, how do you clean it between babies' baths?

• sometimes i don't even change water between babies... i just add in more hot water so it isn't too cold for the 2nd baby... otherwise I just dump out the water from baby 1 and put new water in.

if baby 1 pooped- that would be a different story- but nobody has pooped in the tub in this house (yet!).

I see no reason to go crazy scrubbing or anything.... Pee is sterile - won't hurt anyone - and when they are older I plan to bathe them together- so they'll get each other's filth no matter what :)

• I just rinse and refill too...if one of them did poop then I would probably clean it out the same way - with the bath soap. 
  • Loading the player...
  • ditto to what goldie said, basically. i didn't clean it between kids, and now they either bathe together or in the same water.
    How to tell my boys apart

The different types of twins and triplets

Jack, Sydney and Carynne, Annaleigh, JW, Eden...forever in our hearts.
    My blog * We made the national news!
  • I was also a rinse and refill girl!

• unless someone poops it doesn't get cleaned out between babies.  We've only had one poop incident and it happened with the 2nd baby in the bath rotation. 

We can never guess who is going to pee so it's a always a roll of the dice when putting them in. 

• Rinse and refill
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I just stick the second baby in.  Eventually I hope for all 3 to bathe together so they will all share bath water - might as well start now.  I do alternate who gets baths first so they get clean water 1/2 the time.
  • Gah!  I never even thought about them pooping in there - I am thankful for the warning though so I won't be freaked out if/when it happens!

Like others, we sometimes dump and refill between babies or just add some warmer water.  And I have never scrubbed it in between baths - it also never crossed my mind.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • kegkeg member

imagecarissasmom:
    I just stick the second baby in.  Eventually I hope for all 3 to bathe together so they will all share bath water - might as well start now.  I do alternate who gets baths first so they get clean water 1/2 the time.

Pretty much this, except we only have two. ;-)  The only time we had a poop issue was when one DD had a more solid one that probably stuck to her butt when we took her diaper off.  After that incident, we cleaned out the tub with Simple Green. 

2004-Started TTC; Nov 2007-Lap with endo removed; Jan 2008-Ectopic (mtx); April 2008-IVF #1 (bfp, twin girls); March 2011-FET (cp); June 2012-IVF #2 (bfp, singleton, EDD 3-19-12)

***Twin fraternal girls born at 35w6d in 12/2008***

• We also dump, wash out with water, and refill.  Now that I've read about now even dumping, I might do that.  I also plan to bathe them together eventually, so why dump now?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We currently dump and refill. Once we go to every day baths I will probably just add some more warm water and use the same tub. Right now we bathe every 2-3 days since their skin is so sensitive and they accumulate some yuckies in their little fat folds, so I like to dump it. We don't clean it out with anything if they pee. If they pooped I think baby wash would be fine for cleaning.
    Kimberly, DH Monte, Angel baby 10/06, Angel twin 7/07, Rhett Kaden, our IVF miracle, born 3/23/08, Mason Robert & Wyatt David, our FET miracles, born 8/2/09 at 36 weeks, 3 days
    Our Blog

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"