Upstate NY Babies
Options

Decreased Fetal Movement

I refuse to google this...so I thought I would just ask here.

The past few days I have barely felt anything. I've done kick counts with sweet juices and laying down - which ALWAYS worked with DS. I either feel nothing or something so light I can't really say for sure if it is baby.

I've been so crampy the past few weeks...so I'm just a little concerned but trying not to freak. At about 30 weeks - I should be feeling lots of big rolls and punches, right?? I did the first time around, anyway!

I have a regular OB appt at noon today...but I hardly slept last night thinking about it. I did feel some hiccups at about 5 or 6 am this morning...but not too much else.

Ugh...I guess you don't really relax your second time around!

Anyone experience this?

Re: Decreased Fetal Movement

• Options
    Eve was never a big mover.. as long as I felt her AT ALL.. i tried not to worry.. I hope your OB appt can ease your mind a bit.
    Melissa & Jeff 5-27-06
    m/c 1/2/08 and 3/12/08
    Eve Amelia- Born 2/24/09. 6lb 9.9oz
    Natalie Ruth - Born 6/13/11 7lb 6.6oz
    imagebabies
    baby growth
  • Options

What about if you try to push a little on your stomach?  That usually got a jab out of dd.

It could be the position too, if the baby is kicking more into you instead of out toward your stomach.

Make sure you tell the dr and good luck at your appt!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Yeah, I freaked out my fair share as well.  I had to keep reminding myself that if I had 2 hours to get 10 movements.  Seemed like forever.  There was once, though, that I still wasn't satisfied and gave in and they got me right in for an NST.  And, of course, the little guy wouldn't stop moving once I got in the waiting room!  lol

Mine always loved ice cream - try that - any excuse to eat ice cream is a good one if you ask me.  ;-)

Hopefully your OB can help ease your mind - it's not an easy thing to do!

My first haircut!

Severe MFI - on to IVF w/ ICSI

IVF#1-2: BFN
    IVF#3: BFP! - 1/24: ET - 5d - 2 blasts - 2/02: Beta #1: 16.2 ...... 2/04: Beta #2: 35 ...... 2/09: Beta #3: 401.5 - I'm pregnant! - 2/13: u/s #1 - baby boy, due 10/12, born 10/16! ...... 8 lbs 0 oz, 22 inches! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Good luck at the dr. today- let us know how it goes but when i asked my ob about it they say as long as you feel them-it should be ok...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I have a baby that doesn't move a lot as well, now there's just no room, but when there WAS room, hot drinks and cold drinks always caused a couple quick jabs.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"