Multiples

MoM's to Be Friday Check-In

Congrats to Jenm1999 on the birth of her girls on 10/25! Her Story
Congrats to togo on the birth of her boys on 10/22! Her Story
Congrats to Shannon&Joe on the birth of her boys on 10/22! Her story Congrats to Breenie29 on the birth of her G/B/B triplets on 10/19! Her Story Congrats to Dec13th on the birth of her b/g twins on 10/16! Her story.
Congrats to Dana127 on the birth of her girls on 10/18!
Congrats to Dueinnovember09 on the birth of her girls! Her story
Congrats to Rosewhite on the birth of her boys! Her Story
Congrats to happy2bTTC on the birth of her b/g twins on 10/15! Her story

Here's a list of all our mamas in order of due date: *Please let me know if I missed anyone or if you'd like to be added to the list*

10.19.09     tsalsberry        
10.21.09     lgurian                 Boys!
10.22.09     Danse                 It's a surprise!
10.24.09     Carder0716          
10.27.09     crc143                Boy/Girl!
11.02.09     Mrs.Burdick        Boy/Girl!
11.05.09     debra_lynn 
11.11.09     kdbennet             Boys!
11.12.09     atc282                Girls! 
11.16.09     missjennlopez     Boys!
11.19.09     allinduetime         Boy/Girl!
11.23.09     mander1383        Boys!
11.24.09     WeeOnesMama   Girls!!
11.27.09     finallyreilly            Boy/Girl!
12.2.09       ehpope                Boy/Girl!
12.2.09       Chloe6056           Boy/Girl!
12.3.09       trieulam               Boy/Girl!
12.4.09       j.h.mommy           Boys!
12.6.09       andigroves            Boy/Girl!
12.7.09       MarwrtyrB            Boys!
                  Dana127              Girls!
                  KatefromUpstate   Boys!
12.8.09       piccoline09           Boy/Girl!
12.9.09       having2                Boy/Girl (c-sec on 11.23)
12.10.09     Soon2bMrs.NeilD  Boy/Girl!
12.11.09     LauraS1977
12.18.09     TiffLee76              Boy/Girl!     
                  kiki408     
12.19.09     futuremom2b
                  UnwritteN223
12.21.09     shellshavintwins   Girls!
12.24.09     Aussie*s_Mom    Boys!
12.25.09     marriedayooper  
12.30.09     Mari0221 
                  Shannonlea          Boy/Girl! 
                  nolachick11          Boy/Girl!
1.3.10        abbzy85               Suprise!
1.6.10        kelliwill                 Girls!
1.10.10      blossom               Boys!
                  Andrea z
1.11.10      FullersGirl
1.14.10      sweetbri
1.15.10      bunney                 Girl/Girl/Boy!
                 Jojojojo
                 trc~ttc#1              Boy/Boy/Girl!!! 
                 jacobandcrystal    Girls! 
                 SpiffyTiffy 
                 Trisha Ambrose
1.16.10      charliejoy18 
                 The_Babes
1.18.10      lulugirl
1.19.10      corirosen
1.21.10      xMarialovesWilliamx   Girls!
1.23.10      jls7284
1.26.10      schen0510             Boy/? !
1.27.10      jalaiaa                   Boys!
1.28.10      LightBlue               Girls! 
                 ebrooke
1.29.10      diasybride78
1.30.10      mlgd                      Boy/Girl!
2.1.10        ErinCB                  Boy/Girl!
2.5.10        sunnybrook.
2.6.10        Ms.Scarlet            Boys!
2.7.10        lckychrms             Boys!
2.9.10        m_n_mwedding     Boys!
2.11.10      DESFX                 Boy/Girl!
2.12.10      JanuaryBride2007
2.14.10      Young1009004      Boy/Girl! 
                 RVAYogini            Boy/Girl!
2.18.10      MamaMaria21810
2.20.10      aspen07                Girls!
2.21.10      Chari44                 Boy/Girl!
2.23.10      Wyldeflower          Girls!
2.24.10      JrzyMeeba1          Boys! 
                 eileenm21 
                 Mon&Jon
2.26.10      cholzer
2.27.10      lckychrms             Boys!
2.28.10      TalulaSue              Girls! 
                 kimarino13            Girls!
3.2.10        Inky75                  Boy/Girl! 
                 Shannonandmatt   Boy/Girl!
3.3.10        AlexPuppy            Girls!
3.5.10        CrazeyJaneyR
3.7.10        iona76                  Girls!
3.10.10      dulcinea03             Girls!
3.11.10      themathgirl             Boys!
                 Susanc07               Boy/Girl!
3.12.10      TDM
3.14.10      mrscarrol                Girls!
3.15.10      meshell782             Boys!
3.21.10      ali329                     Girls!
3.23.10      mdearrington          Boys!
3.24.10      luvie13
3.27.10      thiswillbe
4.04.10      sam681
4.08.10      sejabernathy
4.13.10      outofcntrl82
4.18.10      MrsDonnelly2007
4.19.10      nygrl79                   Boys 
4.21.10      jenkm
4.27.10      SPerry0376 
                 Robinsokj  
                 SLM05
4.28.10      Inle                         Triplets! 
                 MrsErv412
4.29.10      FemmeFataleNat01
5.02.10      kstjean                    Surprise!
5.09.10      Nikki1007
5.12.10      sawyer918
5.14.10      hellomynameisfabulous
5.19.10      thomas&lynn
5.25.10      trlvr
5.26.10      SoldiersGreenBean
5.27.10      efhoping2010
                 Marbear81
5.30.10      JillRock96
5.31.10      jeannaqueena

Anything new that you'd like to share? New appt? Did you find out the sexes? You may have to Highlight and scroll down to view question, as it is often cut off due to the size of the list.

*Today's Question*
What is your biggest fear of being a MoM?

Re: MoM's to Be Friday Check-In

• Hi all! Sorry there wasn't a Wednesday Check In. I was having computer problems and couldn't post at all! I think I have everything updated so far. If I have forgotten anything, just let me know!

No new updates. I am just getting the urge to nest the last few days. I did alot of laundry yesterday and did things that I normally hate doing, but since I had the energy, I did them. (Still won't do dishes though lol) I go see the dr next Fri for my glucose test and Rogham shot and Cervical length check.

QOTD: My biggest fear of being a MoM is that I am not going to be able to do it by myself. I am very independent and with DS, I was out 3 days after I got home from the hospital by myself. I had no problems at all. I am worried that I can't do it by myself. I am also scared that I won't be able to give my DS everything that I can since I will have 2 little ones to take care of besides him. I never want him to feel left out.

• Hi all! I'm having boys, for sure! Today I go for a fetal echocardiogram. I guess heart defects are more common in ID twins, and my daughter has CHD, so they highly recommended it.

?

My biggest fear? Freaking out and crying all teh time and not being able to get it all done. ?All of which WILL happen, but I just hope I can recover!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • 29 weeks today!!  Just very uncomfortable from pelvic pain.  Walking, sitting, and laying down are all hard : /  I also failed my 1-hour glucose test a few days ago so I'm going in for the 3-hour next Friday.  But, these girls are doing well and movin' all the time so that makes me happy : )

One of the things I'm most worried about it definitely breastfeeding.  I'm really hoping it works out.  BF'ing didn't go well with my 1st son, but was wonderful the 2nd time around and I'm hoping to have that same bonding time with the girls. I'm also just worried about the logistics of having a preschooler, toddler, and 2 newborns. I'm already nervous for the day that hubby goes back to work and I need to figure things out on my own!

• Update: Passed my 1-hour glucose, slightly anemic so I am on iron pills now, go back to the dr next wed for acheck-up and rhogram shot.

QOTD: Definately breastfeeding - I tried with my son and failed - didn't even attempt it with my daughter, so I'm hoping all goes well....formula for two babies would be outrageous!!  I've had a pep-talk with the "girls" and hopefully they got the message that i need them to cooperate!!  LOL!

• #1 - If/when am I ever going to sleep?

#2 - How in the world are we going to afford this financially? The childcare alone is staggering. 

• Update: Had my first OB appt on Monday. Both babies looked great. I have my first appointment with my MFM next friday and a level II u/s.

QOTD: Right now I am terrified about everything.  Doing it on my own, BFing, not gettign any sleep, etc.

• Please update me (3/12) - found out we're having twin girls!

QOTD:  Keeping up!  I'll just leave it at that...

• My husband had swine flu this week so I was sent to my parents house for the week. I get to go home tonight. It has been exactly 7 days. I just dont want to get sick but I just want to be at home. I get to leave work early today to go and hang out with him. He was so sick. He is so strong and I have never seen him so bad. I do not want this!

The girls are doing well. We have an appointment with the ob next friday. I am on tamaflu and have been vomiting everynight from that.

QOTD: I really have been blocking out my fears. But when I sit down and think about it. I just do know how I am going to handle everything. I never babysat I have only changed one diaper in my life and I dont have any expirance with babies. I also dont like people telling me what to do. It will be tough to balance everything. I know that I have support from my dh but I am very sure I will have several melt downs after the girls are here. I keep thinking even at this point, one day at a time.

• Juggling DS and twins.  Everyone gives the advice of "sleep when the baby sleeps", but this time, I know that DS is up all day (besides his nap), so if they're up all night for the first few months, I really don't know how it'll work.
  • I have a million fears about being a MOM muchless a MoM.

This is my first time and I dont know what to do. I'm terrified I am going to screw up my children for life. I am young, I am in school, and I do work. On top of that, my DF is a doctor. He works insane hours and I will be practically a single mom half the time.

I'm nervous and terrified. I guess it will come to me and I will learn but for now I get to be fearful. Also, being pregnant with twins is so difficult. It's so stressful and worrysome. I'm scared something will happen to my babies.

• Update: I passed my 3 hour GD test! Otherwise, I've been trying to buy everything I think I need and return shower gifts.

QOTD: I'm terrified at the costs of twins and child care. In my area, having two in daycare full-time is going to cost us about $2K a month! We plan to have a long talk with our parents and see if they'd be willing to help out part time.

• Update:  I am 25w6d - double digit day!  Keep cooking little dudes. :)

Q:  I am worried about breastfeeding.  I want to do it so badly, but I'm so afraid my body won't cooperate.  Breastfeeding is a huge commitment, and I'm anxious that I won't be able to figure out how to balance it while taking care of two infants.  I'm trying to stay positive and hopeful.

• id have to say that my biggest fear is not being able to have time for all 3 kids, there is only one of me with two hands!  also being able to find help as i usually dont like to ask for help.  its just going to be hard and i fear it all!
  • I'm not scared about being a MoM at all. I know it will be hard, but it will be very rewarding. I'm more scared of making it to full term and delivering healthy babies. Ugh...36 weeks can't come soon enough.
    IVF #1 BFN... IVF #2 BFP! TWINS!
    Twins born too early at 23 weeks due to incompetent cervix
    FET #1, IUI #1, 2, 3, 4 - all BFN
    IVF #3 BFP!!! IT'S A BOY! Born July 16th, 2011
    FET #2 BFP! Due February 15, 2013
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• nothing new to report

QOTD: I have all sorts of little fears like breastfeeding, carrying them, if we're going to have problems with the dogs etc, but I generally put those aside. The one fear that keeps pestering me is child care. I'm only going to be working 10 shifts a month but some of those are days and some are nights, some are 10 hour shifts and some are 12 hours. My DH is a firefighter and works 24 hour shifts. So how am I going to find a sitter who is flexible enough to only work 5 or 6 days a month, sometimes 4pm to 6am, sometimes 7am to 7 pm etc. Hopefully the right person/people will come around, but it is constantly at the back of my mind.

• Finally seeing the Peri for first OB appointment and ultrasound on Tuesday.  I cannot wait and hope to still see two healthy little tigers :):)

QOTD: Right now I am worried about getting through this pregnancy, gaining enough weight, eating enough which is tough right now since I still do not feel well from m/s and exhaustion, and hopefully making it to term too.  I think after they are born, breastfeeding two scares me or forgetting to change or feed one, I will need a chart for each one I think. 

H: 34 dx Azoospermia due to CBAVD from CF  
    ME: 39 IS FINE!!!  DOR and poor AMH/FSH/LH
    IVF/ICSI/PESA #1 Beta 1 373 Beta 2 1783 BOY/GIRL TWINS!! Born April 2010!!
    Natural FET 5/26/12 2 blasts Beta 1 207 Beta 2 513 Beta 3 1377 U/S 6/28 Pregnancy not viable d & c scheduled :( 
    IVF/ICSI/PESA #2 ER 11/15/12 Nothing to transfer :( 
    IVF/ICSI #3 April 2013 MDLF 3dt of 3 embryos, chemical :(  
    IVF #4/ICSI/MESA/CCS/FET EPP April 2015
    ODWU CCRM with Dr. Sch COMPLETE!!!! Put on acai supplement they are studying for DOR and embryo quality.
    DAY 3 Labs Drawn 2/26 put on vitamin D and calcium supplements
    Regroup and Protocol Reveal 3/04 "Bazooka Protocol" EPP with MDLF "Protocol 6 with patches"
    ER/MESA 4/10 ER 9 eggs retrieved MESA success found live swimmers :)
    Fertilization Report 6 eggs mature and ICSI'd 4 eggs fertilized normally
    Day 6 Report to Blast for CCS 4/16: 2 DAY 5 BLASTS BIOPSIED FOR CCS a 4AB and a 3AB!!!!
    CCS Results BOTH BLASTS CCS NORMAL!!!!!!  call on 4/24
    Regroup call to discuss CCS results and FET call on 5/20
    FET prep: CD 1 6/08 CD 3 Start BCP 6/10, HSG 6/12 Lupron Start 10 iu 6/17 End BCP 6/21 CD 1 6/23!!!
    Start vivelle patches 6/25 change e/o/d reduce Lupron to 5iu 6/25 Blood Draw 7/01, 7/08, 7/15, 7/19
    Increase vivelle patches 7/03 2 change e/o/d and 7/05 change e/o/d 3 and 7/07 4 change e/o/d add vaginal estrace 2x a day
    Lining Check/Blood Draw 7/08 and 7/15 End Lupron 7/18  Start PIO 1ml daily 7/18  Blood  Draw 7/19
    Flight to clinic 7/22
    FET 2 CCS BLASTS :):)  7/23 :):) YES YES both thawed and both fully expanded :):)
    7/26 :):) 3dp5dt PM very very faint positive FRER
    7/27: 4dp5dt Neg Digi AM but very very faint positive FRER PM POSITIVE DIGI CLEARBLUE PREGNANT 1-2 :):) 
    7/31:8dp5dt AM POSITIVE DIGI CLEARBLUE PREGNANT 2-3!!!! :):) 
    Beta 1 8/01= 408!!!!!!!!!! at 9dp5dt FET
    Beta 2 8/03 = 1014!!!!!!!!!! at 11dp5dt FET
    8/05/2015 AM POSITIVE DIGI CLEARBLUE PREGNANT 3+!!!! :):) 
    First Ultrasound: 8/20!!!!!! TWINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Genetics says BOTH BOYS!!!!!!!!!
    Second Ultrasound: 9/03!!!!!!!!!!

• Update: at Wed's U/S baby A was 4lbs 7oz and B finally passed her at 4lbs 9 oz. My cervix is still closed and my blood pressure went way down! I was very happy to hear that I can skip a week and go back to every two weeks from every week appts.

QOTD: I have fibromyalgia and I am a bit worried about the pain and exaustion getting in the way of taking care of my LO's

• i had my boys on 9/25.

my biggest fear is that they wont feel special, or like i love them individually. because i dont get the time to hold them each or pay too much individual attention to them. i hope they grow up knowing i love them each and not just as a set. 

• QOTD: My biggest fear is not being able to handle it on my own. DH starts school shortly after the little ones arrive, so i won't be able to count on him to help with middle of the night tasks.

UPDATES: little ones are big, both over 5 lbs last u/s, and we will be induced November 6th if they haven't made their debut by then.  I've been 4 cm dilated for over a week now, and the doc doesnt want to leave me much longer.

• My biggest fear is not being able to breastfeed as long as i'd like.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"