Two Under 2
Options

Phil and Ted Owners

I know many people rave about this stroller.  And, I am just about sold on it.

I will not have 2 under 2 but a 3 year old and a newborn. Since the 3 year old will walk sometimes or I may use a carrier for the baby, I like the the P&T can essentially be a single too. 

How was the lay flat newborn position with toddler in front?  That is the only way to have a newborn and your older child right?  Can you do car seat adpater and your older child?  Is that a possible configuration?

Thanks!

Michele

Mom to Skylar Kayla and Beck Dylan

Re: Phil and Ted Owners

• Options
    imageCalips:

How was the lay flat newborn position with toddler in front?  That is the only way to have a newborn and your older child right?  Can you do car seat adapter and your older child?  Is that a possible configuration?

The flat with toddler up top works fine. I also did the carrier up top and the toddler in the jump seat. I have the 2009 Sport.

• Options
    I am new to the P&T but have recently had some bad luck with it... it's a great option since you can do single or double, really a great design.  And, yes, the lay flat newborn and toddler in front works well, at least for me so far.  BUT... the thing is just not constructed very well.  The brake is impossible to engage/disengage, at least on a brand new model, and I've already had one flat tire with 4 weeks of use. :(  Not cool for a stroller with this price tag.  We have hauled our BOB all over heck and back and abused it to no end for 2 years and have never had a problem.  Also doesn't stroll nearly as smoothly.  I'm just a little disappointed with the P&T, especially considering the price tag and my recent run of bad luck. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagelilone_06:
    brake is impossible to engage/disengage, at least on a brand new model, and I've already had one flat tire with 4 weeks of use.   Also doesn't stroll nearly as smoothly.  

Wow, that is terrible and I would call them. The customer service rocks. I had a flat tire issue and they sent me another one right away. Other than that it was the smoothest and the easiest to steer of all the doubels we tried, the break should be an easy up and down...though if you are barefoot or wearing flipflops it is hard. But so is my Chicco and my GoGoBabys are also hard to do the break unless in shoes.

• Options

I am sorry to hear about quality issues.  When I checked it out it definitely wasn't quite up to par with the BOB, IMO.  I am looking into the Vibe.  Do either of you have that one?  It looks much sturdier than the Sport to me and it has a bigger sun shade.

I am looking at one that is less than a year old on CL tomorrow -- the Vibe price tag is just too much but this one looks like quite a deal.

Michele

Mom to Skylar Kayla and Beck Dylan

• Options
    We also looked at the Vibe when shopping, but we don't plan to keep this one for long - will sell it before we return from overseas - so I didn't want to spend the extra.  But if I recall, it was a little better quality.  And a bigger sun shade would be a huge benefit - the one included is next to useless, although they do sell a nice UV cover to go with it.  If you can get one on CL for a decent price, I'd definitely consider it.  Like I said, the design is genius.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageCalips:

I am sorry to hear about quality issues.  When I checked it out it definitely wasn't quite up to par with the BOB, IMO.  I am looking into the Vibe.  Do either of you have that one?  It looks much sturdier than the Sport to me and it has a bigger sun shade.

I am looking at one that is less than a year old on CL tomorrow -- the Vibe price tag is just too much but this one looks like quite a deal.

We love our Vibe! The break is integrated into the handlebar and very easy to use. The larger shade is a big bonus. I also like that it is lighter and can fold with the doubles kit attached.

We are getting the carseat adaptor for #2. So far, it has been a great stroller!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"