Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

4 x 6 rug or smaller rug?

Hello!

For those of you who have wood floors and are getting a rug.  We have a small nursery 12 x 12 and I am struggling between getting a small rug just to put in front of the crib or getting a 4 x 6 to put in the middle of the room. 

What are you doing?

Re: 4 x 6 rug or smaller rug?

• Options

We also have a small nursery and wooden floors. I want a larger rug actually. The floors get pretty cold in the winter and I'd like to be able to walk around in just socks if I can.

I'd get the larger rug, but I prefer larger area rugs to smaller ones.

• Options
    We have a very tiny nursery and wood floors and we did a rug that's just a little smaller than 4x6. I don't htink anything bigger would fit right in our space.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I also like larger area rugs that fill up more of the room.  We have wood floors in our nursery and it's about 9' x 10'.  We have a 5' x 7' in there now, and I think it's a good size for the room.
  • Options
    I got a larger rug for the middle of the room, mostly for when he is older. I figure I will be spending a lot of time on the ground along with him and want a comfy spot for not only him, but myself.
    A lot of years and a million tears finally led me to you.
    After 7 years trying to concieve, 3 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVFs, my third IVF was a success!
    My Christmas baby turned into a turkey bird! Dillon Richard was born at 34 weeks, 5 days on November 28, 2009 after 10 weeks on bedrest for preeclampsia.
    <a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v705/arriinthere/PJ/?action=view
  • Options

My DD's room is about 10x10 and we have a 5x8 rug in there.  It's nice because it goes from the crib to the dresser, and almost the entire way from the closet to the window. 

She does play on the rug a lot now, and I think it keeps the room warmer.

I would go for a larger rug.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagekrissyh21:
    I got a larger rug for the middle of the room, mostly for when he is older. I figure I will be spending a lot of time on the ground along with him and want a comfy spot for not only him, but myself.

I totally agree with a bigger rug to fill up more space.  I have never understood the point of putting a small rug just in front of the crib.  I thought the whole point was for a soft surface for the baby/toddler to play on.  ....just my opinion.  I say go for a larger rug!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"