Adoption
Options

Ask me anything

Please feel free to ask me anything about being an adoptee. I would be happy to answer any questions you may have.

Here's a book I reccommend:

Journey Of The Adopted Self: A quest for wholeness

This book will take you through the stages, types and ages of adoptees.

Re: Ask me anything

• Options

Did you have other siblings that were bio to your parents? Other adopted siblings?  What was it like knowing your siblings weren't bio related to you and maybe looked different etc. 

If you had sibs that were bio to your parents was that hard? was there any jealousy?

Thanks!

Married on 3.20.2004. It took 30 month, 2 failed adoptions and IVF for our first miracle. We have had 9 foster kids since he was born and started the domestic adoption process when he was 10 month old, we had 4 failed matches in that time. After our daughter was born we brought her home and spent 2 weeks fearing we might lose her because of complications that came up. But Praise God all went through and she is ours forever! Expecting again after IVF Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers image
  • Options
    My parents were unable to have kids so I had one other adopted sibling the same age as me (my brother). We were the same age and from the same country which was nice in some respects and in other ways was difficult because we found ourselves in constant competition (which is normal). I was adopted first and was the only child for 3 years. Having my brother be adopted three years later made it a little difficult because I perceived it as I was not enough for my parents when in reality it was that they wanted me to have a sibling.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"